Free Shopsmith on Raleigh CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
In Lillington. Ad says it needs some work. Not mine. Might be a good way for someone to get started.

Link to ad: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/872334832.html

Ad:

Shopsmith for free (Lillington)

Reply to: sale-872334832@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-10-09, 8:43AM EDT

Shopsmith with large box of accessories for free.

You pick it up.

Motor speed bands need to be adjusted.

Send email to dun-wurkin@hotmail.com

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 872334832

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
And why haven't you snagged it yet?

You know someone here will want it. Get it over to your place quick and then we'll see who can use it. Several of the members who have shopsmiths may want to divide it up for parts.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Well, it is about a 2 1/2 hour round trip for me. Add in loading/unloading time and we're somewhere around 4 hours. As much as I would like to help you guys out, me telling my boss I'm going to take a 4-hour lunch break today just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I emailed when I saw it on CL and have not received a reply; I suspect I wasn't at the top of the pile (it was the top item in Tools when I saw it, so I figured it was worth a try).

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Sorry Christopher,

I didn't see Lillington on there, I thought it was in Raleigh. I don't have a shopsmith, don't have room for one and wouldn't know how to use it. Just hate to see something free go to waste. :rotflm:

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have given stuff away on the Raleigh CL. It takes about 15 minutes to show up and I will usually delete the ad within a half hour or so because I get so many responses. Some of the people are active salvagers who sell things at the flea market, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see it wind up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS