Florip Toolworks Closing

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
He has a brain tumor and has been in treatment for over a year (I think).
Apparently he’s not able to get back to work.

Sux does not sufficiently cover the sadness and pain of their situation. My only regret is that I didn’t buy several of his saws.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Very sad news, I was fortunate to buy one of his dovetail saws just before he had to stop working. Just sorry I won't be able to buy any more of his saws...

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
He has a brain tumor and has been in treatment for over a year (I think).
Apparently he’s not able to get back to work.

Sux does not sufficiently cover the sadness and pain of their situation. My only regret is that I didn’t buy several of his saws.
Saws come and go - my only regret is a man is dying of a terrible disease that we have not been able to beat.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sad indeed. We never know what tomorrow will bring so live every day to its fullest.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw the post earlier today, he fought a good fight. My heart goes out to his family. He built fine saws and loved what was doing.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Wow, I know a several people who have succumbed to this (in law member was one), this is so hard on the family to watch and experience.

We all are such a small portion of humanity, but everyone is equally important. We will remember him.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
So sad. I wish him well and am thankful for the work he did. I hope his passing was comfortable.
FWIW, his saw changed my outlook on hand work. First saw that I knew any mistake was mine, not the tool. I am indebted.

Scott H

Scott
User
Very sad to hear. Never have seen one of his saws in person but definitely one of the tool makers that inspires me.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS