Flea market find

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
My FiL sent me a picture of a table at the local flea market since he knows I'm always hunting tools. I called him to FaceTime me so I could ask him some specifics. On the table I noticed this plane and beside it was a stanley no6 type 18/19, which I see pretty often. The seller had $50 on it which is out of my budget.
I noticed this one next to it and couldn't see any markings but the short knob grabbed my attention.
So I went through the checklist with him over the phone and realized it had no lateral adjustment lever, which admittedly got me a bit giddy. I cautiously asked him the price that was marked. $30. We offered $20 and he took it right away.

So here is my new (to me) type 4 stanley 1874-1884. Condition is definitely used with love haha. Super excited for this one!

Attachments

• 20240319_160119.jpg
    20240319_160119.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94
  • 20240319_160404.jpg
    20240319_160404.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 96

helper

helper - woodsman
User
Great find! Hope you restore this plane to a more than original condition - I know mine is a very welcome addition to my workshop.

J_Graham

Graham
Corporate Member
Great find! Hope you restore this plane to a more than original condition - I know mine is a very welcome addition to my workshop.
This one will get a pretty light touch from me. It appears to have had a little bit of work done (mostly on the wood.) It will probably find a place on the looking shelf to be honest 😄 I have some other good users in the shop!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS