Does Anyone Have the Rikon 10-325 Band Saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nativespec

New User
David
Does anyone own this saw, and if so, how do you like it?

It sells for $700 at Klingspoor and looks pretty good compared to other 14" and even the larger saws.

I wanted a new band saw for resawing and was going to use my 3/4 hp Delta 14" for curved cuts.

Thanks,

David

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
From what I've seen it looks like a beautiful saw, Popular Woodworking has made it their editors choice. Everything else that I've seen written about it includes raves. If you are looking for a new 14" saw this would seem to be the one.

It has all of the bells and whistles including resaw capacity, spring de-tensioner and more. i only wish that I could afford it right know.:crybaby2:

Good Luck in your decision.

Jimmy

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I've had one since April and couldn't be happier. For resawing it's a dream, I've resawn 12" dry Cherry to veneer, resawn to 7/8" for boards and the 10-325 hums through it without any problem.
If you have any specific questions just holler.
Oh, for resawing get the Iturra version of the Woodslicer blade. IMO and based on my recent experiences with Timberwolf blades, don't waste your money, their quality has gone, and to PS Wood, who actually make the TW's, 111" is 112", resulting in tensioning problems.

Last edited:

Nativespec

New User
David
Ken:

Is yours wired for 115v or 230v? If yours is 230V, do you think 115V would sacrafice power?

Thanks,

David

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Hey David,
It currently wired for 220V. I ran it on 110V for a few weeks and changed it so I can share the 220V circuit that the Ridgid TS is on.
It has a 1.5 HP motor. There is no 'power' change between 110 and 220. Only the amps in the wire supplying the tool changes. At 110V the BS will pull ~6 amps and on 220V it will pull ~3 amps. The watts, therefore power, in the motor windings is the same. Some say they can tell a difference, and at times I think the TS runs better, but the math says there is no difference if the wiring is sufficient.
HTH
ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS