Deacon's Bench & High Patio Chairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Anyone ever built a Deacon's Bench? If so, where'd you find the plans? Looks like there are several types.

Also, how about some high patio chairs and round table set. Maybe Adirondack style.

Thanks in advance for all help and suggestions.

:notworthy:

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I recently completed a set of high patio chairs patterned after a set that my daughter has. The design is basically the same as those offered by Nags Head Hammocks, however, their chairs are made of white oak and poly dipped.

Nags Head Hammock

I build mine from cypress and left them unfinished since the wood itself contains natural preservatives against mold, mildew, and rot. I used 316 stainless bolts, nuts, and washers from McMaster Carr in Atlanta.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Outa Square

New User
Al
Anyone ever built a Deacon's Bench? If so, where'd you find the plans? Looks like there are several types.

:notworthy:

Here you go...

610xuk0.jpg

wrong deacon's bench.:gar-Bi

there are a lot of styles, some with storage in the seat. You could modify one of your swing designs and extend the back support and the arm rest support and create something worthy of being called a deacon's bench. The swing i believe you posted last would be a good one to use as a base.

some folks use the term deacon bench for short pews... i am looking at building something similar to that with some cedar i found at my grandfather's place. Please share what you find.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Here you go...

610xuk0.jpg

wrong deacon's bench.:gar-Bi

there are a lot of styles, some with storage in the seat. You could modify one of your swing designs and extend the back support and the arm rest support and create something worthy of being called a deacon's bench. The swing i believe you posted last would be a good one to use as a base.

some folks use the term deacon bench for short pews... i am looking at building something similar to that with some cedar i found at my grandfather's place. Please share what you find.

Thanks, Al. I ordered a set of plans last night for one with storage. Should give me something to work from. Your idea of modifying the Richfield into a bench sounds doable. If I try it, I'll definitely post some pics. Thanx for replying!

Demon Deacs? :nah:

WolfPack!!:icon_thum

:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS