Clamp storage addition to shop

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
I got lucky and found 17 - 4' Jorgenson heavy duty clamps over the weekend. I had been looking for 4 to 6 additional clamps for an upcoming team building day for coworkers, building cutting boards, but the price was right so I grabbed all of them.

So, I now needed a better storage system. Made this with a bunch of oak cutoffs (mostly). I now have about 26 clamps hanging were 6 were previously. Plus I was able to hang the smaller ones in between down below (not shown).

Attachments

• 20240324_185301.jpg
    20240324_185301.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 97

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Nice clamp rack. Looks like you've got room for more. Wise planning.
Consider making some bench stands for the I-beam clamps. Make the slot so the top of the clamp is about 1/16" higher than the top of the stand. These are 6" high by 6" wide plywood stands. Been using some of these since the 1980s. It really makes glue-ups more convenient. The clamp is high enough off the bench so the handle doesn't touch the bench top.

1     cs 1 - 1.jpg 1     cs 1 - 2.jpg 1     cs 2 - 1.jpg

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Nice clamp rack. Looks like you've got room for more. Wise planning.
Consider making some bench stands for the I-beam clamps. Make the slot so the top of the clamp is about 1/16" higher than the top of the stand. These are 6" high by 6" wide plywood stands. Been using some of these since the 1980s. It really makes glue-ups more convenient. The clamp is high enough off the bench so the handle doesn't touch the bench top.

View attachment 227451 View attachment 227452 View attachment 227453
Thanks for this idea. Another easy project and excellent use of scrap wood.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors