Catching router dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Heard back from the mags so here's what I use with my DT jig, JOINTAbility and free hand work. Of course it doesn't catch it all. I just pinch it to the base with the carriage bolts, but it could be epoxied etc.

PS Workbench bought the wite-out.

Router_base_dust_chute_001.JPG

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Looks like a great idea, anything to catch all that handheald router dust. And congrats on the Workbench thing.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, and to imagine that I have been using my open mouth all this time:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:. Great tip Joe, I will have to give that a try :icon_thum

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Thanks for the tip, Joe!

I wonder if one were to duct tape the nozzle and DC hose to the end of the RT top, whether or not it would catch some of dust spewed accross the room when cutting dado's on the RT?:lightbulb The DC connection at the fence is next thing to useless when routing dado's.

Wayne

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Thanks for the tip, Joe!

I wonder if one were to duct tape the nozzle and DC hose to the end of the RT top, whether or not it would catch some of dust spewed accross the room when cutting dado's on the RT?:lightbulb The DC connection at the fence is next thing to useless when routing dado's.

Wayne

Wayne, you remember that square vac attachment that I move all over the shop. It's got magnets and sticks to your front fence rail and catches most of the spew.
Joe

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Wow, and to imagine that I have been using my open mouth all this time:eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:. Great tip Joe, I will have to give that a try :icon_thum

Dave,

Between the lathe and the router you seem to be getting alot of fiber in your diet, eh ?
:rotflm:

Jimmy:)

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Wow, and to imagine that I have been using my open mouth all this time:eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Me too (and nostrils/eyes/ears) :no:

My RT shoots out so much dust that I actually got a respirator and safety goggles from work to use it.

Very good idea Joe! Thanks! :icon_thum

Trent

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great tip Joe. But...without the actual router, that base looks like a big double-handled beer mug :)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave,

Between the lathe and the router you seem to be getting alot of fiber in your diet, eh ?
:rotflm:

Jimmy:)

Yea, I guess...but my family knows where to find me at 6:00 am sharp, daily :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors