Can someone clarify the user status levels and requirements?

jimb97239

New User
jimb
I found a post that indicated the levels of users and requirements, something like:
user
corporate member

as far as I can tell, I meet requirements for 'user', but I'm stuck at new member forever. my account status says:

Next Promotion RequirementsNot a corporate member because:
no full name
no telephone number
no mailing addressNicknamejimb

I thought I had seen the requirements when I signed up ~ a year ago, but I can't find them anymore (would be handy if these were less mysterious for new users).

thanks, jimb

jimb97239

New User
jimb

the reference I found was in:​

NCWW User Level Promotion Policy​

1. Guest – any person that visits the website as a guest for reading purposes. Visitors are generally only allowed read access to the site and that access may be further limited as appropriate.
  2. New User – any person that has completed the website registration process, received approval by the Webmaster, and had their email address confirmed. The New User is in fact a probationary user. Their status may be removed by the Webmaster or the Webmaster's duly appointed representative(s), usually but limited to reasons that pertain to continued and/or major violations of policy. The usual causes of such a removal would be behaviors commonly known in the internet community as "spamming" or "trolling".
  3. User – This is a user who has has no major restrictions on their usage of the site. This is the "normal" user.
  4. Senior User – This user is a person who has been earned a degree of trust in our community and therefore has earned the right to take on certain leadership positions, such as leading discussions and organizing special interest groups.
  5. Corporate Member – The Corporate Member is primarily a person who has reached the Senior User level and fulfilled the legal requirements to become a voting member of a non-profit corporation in the state of North Carolina. In addition to voting, there may additional website privileges associated with this title.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim as I look at your post you are listed as a Senior User. When users do not log into the site for more than 30 days then when they get back on they show as a new user. That new user label goes away the next day.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Also to be a corporate member you have to say “yes” on the corporate member field in your profile. Only corporate members can vote and hold office.

jimb97239

New User
jimb
Scott,
I have NEVER seen my status anything but New Member under the 'your account' tab.

I logged in yesterday after > 30 days, how long should it take to update? I would have expected to see it reflected today if the update is at midnight.

jimb97239

New User
jimb
Also to be a corporate member you have to say “yes” on the corporate member field in your profile. Only corporate members can vote and hold office.
re: "Also to be a corporate member you have to say “yes” on the corporate member field in your profile."
thanks, I'm fine being a non-voting member.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Like I said when I look at your post it does say Senior User. Let me check around.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Like Scott, I see your status as Senior User. Your "Next Promotion Requirements" referring to Corporate Member status further reinforces it.

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I logged in yesterday after > 30 days, how long should it take to update? I would have expected to see it reflected today if the update is at midnight.
After 30 days of not logging in, your status reverts to New User. On midnight of the day you login, an automated script runs and removes the New User flag, and returns the last status you had obtained.

To become a corporate member, you must provide your full mailing address, phone number, and enable the corporate opt-in option.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors