basboard molding, crown molding ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Anyone have a good source on buying molding? I am getting ready to redo a whole house and trying to find somewhere besides the borgs that i can get a better price?
online would be fine as long as the shipping doesn't kill the savings.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I just happen to have about 600+ feet of Maple Crown Molding.
I thought that I had some pics here, but I can't seem to find them.
But if your interested I will take more.
This molding is approx 4 5/8" wide.
Works great for capping off entertainment centers or other large projects. Or you can use it for rooms too. I did my master bathroom in it, however the LOML painted it:-(.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I have seen Mac's molding, and it is quite nice.... even painted:oops: His wife is quite a craftsperson, too!

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
stock building supply. 3 5/8 crown with my account .38 foot. lowes 12' piece, $12.75. just happen to compair them 2 friday. id be glad to meet you and help u out! dave only difference was lowes was primed!

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Anyone have a good source on buying molding? I am getting ready to redo a whole house and trying to find somewhere besides the borgs that i can get a better price?
online would be fine as long as the shipping doesn't kill the savings.

Try to find a millwork company in your area, they will be able to run whatever moulding you want in any specie you want. I would not expect a cheaper price but I would expect better quality.

Pricing also depends on how many feet of any particular moulding you want also. Short runs usually incur a set-up charge. A special profile will require grinding knives for the job, thus another charge for tooling.

Good luck!!:)

Jerry

PS----I have a good friend in Salisbury that runs a moulding operation. He does an extremely good job and is fair to deal with. PM if you want more information.

Last edited:

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
skysharks, thanks for the offer.
we have a stock building supply locally, do you have to be a general contrator or just walk in and buy?

Turtlewood

New User
Kevin
public welcomed but you will pay a much higher price!:crybaby2:

Dave,

Do you have any idea by how much? I've always wondered.

Also, how difficult was it to open up an account? What did you need to show or was it a minimum ?

There's a Stock Building Supply just down the road from me in Apex. It's actually closer than the orange borg.

Some items come to be cheaper than the borg, but others are more... and I've always though that they had different pricing sheets.

One thing is for sure... Stock has much, much, much better customer support. They delivered a single 2x12x18' header for the garage door on a flat bed truck for FREE and in less than 1 hour on a flatbed.

That earned my loyalty.

/Kevin

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Also, how difficult was it to open up an account? What did you need to show or was it a minimum ?

One thing is for sure... Stock has much, much, much better customer support.
My experiences with Stock are significantly different from Kevin's.

I too would like to know what's involved in getting an account and not being treated like I haven't bathed in a month and ate onion and garlic oatmeal for breakfast.

Maybe I should arrange to meet with Dave, and I promise to brush my teeth, gargle, suck on a mint and have showered within the past week.

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
i dont know how much exactually, but its quite a bit. i have an account for my bussiness, and now a seperate account for my home im building. the account for house is set up with a greater discount then bussiness mainly cause my good friend is my sales person(he's trying to save me some $). i compaired osb sheets from bussines to home account and it was about a 50 cent difference.thats with an account, so a walk in will be much higher. call before u go in.

its very difficult to get a account. they want to know everything about you and your finances! i purchased with checks as a walk in for a couple years before i was even considered for an account. but have found that a new bussiness trying to get any credit anywhere is near impossible. allways ask for other credit accounts, but how can you get them if no one gives you one!

apex store has a great selection of discounted material in there side building in doors and windows. over 50% off miss ordered special order material!

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS