Bandsaw blade sharpening

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Justice

David
Corporate Member
I, stupidly, hit a nail and now my new bandsaw blade is pretty dull and not cutting very well. Does anyone know where to get one sharpened near Greensboro? I looked at the Hardwood store, but it's not listed as a service there.

ehpoole

Ethan
The first question is whether or not your blade is actually valuable enough to justify the cost of sharpening plus shipping or transportation. Such will depend heavily upon the blade in question. It will likely also depend upon band length and tooth count as well as tooth material (hardened steel or carbide) and condition as to the ultimate sharpening costs (they likely take much longer to sharpen than most blades due to their high tooth count).

For most of us, hitting the occasional nail while resawing is just considered part of the cost of doing business in this hobby and we just replace the blade...and, potentially, the event becomes justification to possibly invest in a metal detector wand to scan questionable lumber for nails ahead of resawing (or you can present to be a security guard, your choice). Such things will happen from time to time.

But I wish you all the best whatever route you end up pursuing. Good luck! Please let us know how things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS