Balunist's Child's Trike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehpoole

Ethan
Just an FYI, threads close automatically after 30 consecutive days with no activity. The author of a thread may make a request to either the Help Desk or an admin or moderator directly to have their thread reopened after this expiration period should they need to make further additions. One need only make that request and kindly include the URL to the thread of interest and we are happy to reopen a thread for its author.

And that is a very nice rendition of a child's tricycle, very well done.

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
The shadowing is excellent but from a photographic standpoint it is a faux pas as we are conditioned to seeing subjects illuminated from only one light source; the sun. Seeing more than one light source is confusing for the the viewer. Just saying.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
The shadowing is excellent but from a photographic standpoint it is a faux pas as we are conditioned to seeing subjects illuminated from only one light source; the sun. Seeing more than one light source is confusing for the the viewer. Just saying.

Most of the country now has electric lights indoors. :D

Danny Batchelor

Danny
User
Being a SketchUp novice, (Dave, I just bought your DVD recently and have not worked my way through it.) I was really impressed that Dave was able to create both main light shadow and fill light shadow and have them in differing degrees of density as they would be if one were using two lights. But imagine if one were using 5, or even more lights as is common in photographing furniture, how confusing it would be if you were able to see distinctive shadows of each light. Would you even see the subject or would your attention be taken up by all the shadows. That is why one shadow only is to be observed in any photographic image; there may be highlights of varying intensiveness but only only one shadow. Because you sometimes see multiple shadows it doesn't make it "more better".
All television has multiple lighted scenes (journalism would be an exception) but any showing multiple shadows is usually lighted poorly unless the other shadows belong to a different set in the same scene.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Danny, the intensity of the shadows is entirely controllable in the rendering application. Sometimes I do set up so there aren't additional shadows as in this one.

Or this one:

I've never found having multiple shadows confusing.

It is possible to use a single light source, too.

Fortunately this is the sort of thing that is up to the person doing the rendering.

I hope you enjoy the DVD when you get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS