Angle iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I'm looking for some steel angle - 1 1/2 or 2" by 3/16 or 1/4. I need a couple 7 foot pieces and a couple of 3 foot pieces. Anybody got some laying around or know where I could get some cheap? Anybody see some recently at a scrap yard or something? It can be rusty (within reason), I'm willing to put some elbow grease into it to clean it up.

DaveD

New User
Dave
If all else fails go to Dillon Supply and buy a 20' stick of exactly what you want (call and see if they stock it). They only sell full sticks.

BTW they moved from downtown to out off of Poole road and the beltline. (440 Civic Boulevard, Wake County Business Park, Raleigh, NC 27610)

Have them cut it for you. 1st cut is $6 and subsequent cuts are (I think) $3 each. Sort of a steep cutting price unless you have a way to haul the full 20'. Cutting 1/4" can be a PITA and may be worth the $3/additional cut.

I haven't been successful in finding a place that sells 'cutoffs' around here.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I found this picture. I plan on making my mobile base very much like this, but long enough to go under the whole saw/w extenstion table. I've also conjured up a simple system to level and stabilize it.
Oliver232%2020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors