Aloha from Clayton

CarolinaCumberland

New User
Aaron
Hello,

My name is Bill and I currently live in Clayton, but have property in Little Switzerland that we hope to start building on within the next couple of years. I am retired from the Navy, 20 years on nuclear submarines. I have dabbled in woodworking for quite some time, but I only do small stuff for gifts or personal use. I had too many hobbies that were taking up all of my time, and money, so I have had to whittle them down and decided that woodworking was the one to keep. Starting after the new year I hope to start making some bandsaw boxes and try my luck at kitless/custom/bespoke (whatever the current term is) pens, along with some small bowls. I hope to get better at finding wood on our two properties to use for some of these projects.
Welcome, harvesting your own wood for projects can be very rewarding, more so than buying

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Welcome to the sawdust pile Bill. Appreciate your service and sacrifice. My cousin was a sardine man. He was COB before moving ashore. Similarly he has started doing woodworking. Can't get him to come back to the mountains of his heritage. Yet.... Enjoy the site and jump in when you can.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors