21deg and snowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre2

New User
Sabre2
It's 21deg and snowing at 1545. I have had the heater going since 0900 this morning. Working on the head board. I'm just taking a break and came in to get the camera. I just finished the panels. Will post a picture later tonight.

Any you guys break a sweat yet? (I know, I know.....:eusa_booh )

Gary

Sabre2

New User
Sabre2
Here are some pictures in progress.

Attachments

• headboard panels 001.jpg
    headboard panels 001.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 134
  • headboard panels 009.jpg
    headboard panels 009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 127

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
That is a good looking piece of work! No shop heat here :-(, but I sure could use it.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I got out in the shop about 9AM and spent much of the day there. I ran the heat for about 20 minutes until I realized I was really getting hot. Didn't need it after that. No snow here though. :lol: :lol:

The headboard is looking good. I really like the design. :icon_thum

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
And I have been griping about it being cool here. I am thankful it is not snowing here.

The headboard looks great. How did you do the curved molding on top, make a template?

Sabre2

New User
Sabre2
Travis,

The top arch and moulding curve were cut from a template I made from hardboard. The plans for the headboard are in Woodsmith #145 as is the technique for shaping the moulding. It started out as 76"x8"x1". The arched top started out as 76"x12"x1". I had to edge join 2 boards to get that width. Then glue the two together and shape. The final length is 72". It has been a challenge to manuever this around my 19'x11' foot shop (3rd part of a 3 car garage). It is hard doing anything now because it takes up so much room, I'll be glad when it is finished.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors