Search results

1. C

Shout out to Connecticut saw and Tool!

So, I needed a custom knife for a project Im working on. Im matching a new design to a high end bedroom suit and the devil is in the details. Looking around, I wasnt able to find anything the same size exactly so I measured the existing profile and created a drawing. I sent it to one place for...
  2. C

Kapex dust collection oddities

Thats because Bar measures pressure, not flow.
  3. C

Kapex dust collection oddities

As youre aware, there is no good way to easily and repeatably extract dust unless its in a equally vented cavity. I cant imagine a wood working tool we use that can be farther from that reality. That said, chop saws are probably the worst offenders for medium sized sawdust in the shop. Some...
  4. C

Go Figure

Im gonna guess sycamore?
  5. C

combo jointer/ planer vs. separate machine user opinions

I agree with this completely, This is why the shopsmith never took off. Best of luck with your decision.
  6. C

Saying Hello from Gold Hill NC

Welcome Wayne! youre right across the lake from me, im in lexington on the lake.
  7. C

Door Jig on the fly

Thanks Casey! its the simplest ideas that seem to be the handiest.
  8. C

Do CNC's use .stl files?

An STL file was initially designed for use in stereolithography machines (now known as 3D printers) They are tessellated files of solid geometry , imagine a 3D surface made up of thousands or maybe millions of triangles. It has become the standard for import of 3D geometry into softwares like...
  9. C

Xcarve CNC 1000x1000

I would give you the same offer.... Im in Lexington
  10. C

Grandfather Clock: Finished!

Beautiful Don!
  11. C

Xcarve CNC 1000x1000

Jamie is correct. But, unless you hate using it or cant get a handle on all the software knowledge to operate it, you probably end up upgrading later on. These are entry level machines. I dont know anything about Xcarve, I think the software is proprietary?. If thats the case, and you THINK...
  12. C

This looks handy

Stumbled across this, looks like it may be useful at times and appears to be well explained https://jansson.us/jcompound.html
  13. C

how to make a 4 inch duct flow like a 2

I did not reply to argue either, just to basically point out that I've never seen 100% dust extraction that costs me more money as a selling point, especially if I have to marry it with a cyclonic collector @ 5+HP even if we should all have such things. Luckily, I do and I'm OK with occasionally...
  14. C

Xcarve CNC 1000x1000

The most important question here........
  15. C

. You obviously have been away from design for a while..... nothing costs 5 cents anymore, nothing. Especially installation costs. Whenever an OEM adds any parts, one of the biggest costs is hard tooling costs. Now youre talking about an injection molded plastic part I guess here. And a...
  16. C

Its generally there to keep long, thin pieces (think tablesaw) or other random things out of your DC... could it be designed more aerodynamic? certainly, would we all want to pay for it?, probably not. All engineering is a trade off, quality, design, cost , features and most recently...
  17. C

Mortise chisel vs. Mortise machine vs. Mortise adpter for drill press

I have a delta drill press mortising attachment, its yours if you want to drive to lexington
  18. C

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

proluxe sikkens cetol srd in natural probably best. Do you have a PPG paint store nearby?
  19. C

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

Cant say it enough... Sikkens Cetol
  20. C

Which TS blade

probably Leitz

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS