Search results

1. Wolfpacker

Woodworking shop equipment for sale

Give me your phone number and I’ll have the owner contact you.
  2. Wolfpacker

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I’m checking with the owner and will get back to you.
  3. Wolfpacker

I have a friend who has decided to hang up his woodworking hobby and sell his equipment. His wife will be the contact person for inquiries and sales. The equipment is located in Arden, NC which is just south of Asheville. All items are local pickup only. I've known Ron for many years and...
  4. Wolfpacker

SketchUp Workshop Online

I'm interested too. Taught myself a little bit two years ago trying to design a screen porch and remodeling of two bathrooms with changes in floorplan layouts and moving some walls.
  5. Wolfpacker

New deck w/ screened porch & roof

He's not designing anything that's not to code in my opinion, Contractor is misinterpreting the code.
  6. Wolfpacker

Please send diagram...if I wait until that time, I'll forget where I saw it ! Thanks !!
  7. Wolfpacker

Suggestions on shop de-humidifier

I am using a Danby 90 pint unit in my basement. It failed within the warranty and they sent me a new one. 2 yr warranty. I can't speak to using one in a crawlspace, but have seen commercial units used in that application but you're talking about $1000 for one plus a consensate pump.
  8. Wolfpacker

Nice job on your porch and deck. I like the lighting...low voltage or 120V ? I have had an engineeer spec the joists, girders, rafters, etc. and now have contractors saying "you can't do that by code".. Geeshh ! This would be simple if it weren't for the drain field requiring a cantilever...
  9. Wolfpacker

Oscillating Multi-tools: What do you have? What's good? What's bad?

Admittedly I don't use it to earn a living, but I've been using the Chicago Electric variable speed model from Harbor Freight for many years. It hasn't failed me yet.
  10. Wolfpacker

Thanks Steve. I don't have much real estate to move a line. If the septic locator guy is right, this 50 yr old system only has one line/trench. It works tho. Going from the drain field away from the house is a fairly steep slope followed by a more gentle slope for about 30 ft, then woods...
  11. Wolfpacker

There is a sliding glass door under the ledger board. The house is brick veneer. Looking from inside the unfinished basement, there is a concrete block wall up to the rim joist and the ledger board is bolted to the rim joist. I plan to have a gable roof with a vaulted ceiling with T&G on it...
  12. Wolfpacker

What is FLW ? Not familiar with it and my brain has cobwebs.
  13. Wolfpacker

The current SNAFU is that my septic drain field is just over 2' from the slab that the deck sits on. Current law says I can't put a footer closer than 5' from the drain field. In order to maintain the 12' dimension, it would have to be cantilevered and I understand that building codes don't...
  14. Wolfpacker

I would have thought it would be cheaper also but the company using aluminum framing and SIPS roof panels quoted $29.5K and I have two quotes for stick built at $16.5K and $17.1K. I also have 2 quotes for stick built that are $33K & $35K. Demand is up for this type work and most contractors...
  15. Wolfpacker

I agree that $40 is peanuts. I'm just not sure I'll get answers to my questions. Last time I went into their office and asked a code question, I was told that they don't do design work. I may do it after I get more info on how it's going to be built. Meeting with the contractor who wants...
  16. Wolfpacker

Surprise !! The SIP route is one of the higher quotes. I'm sure the bears could come up the posts, but for that reason we don't have bird feeders on the deck and make sure not to leave any food out there. There was a bird feeder on an 8' pvc post when I bought the house 2 years ago. Previous...
  17. Wolfpacker

I have emailed the local inspector to see if he would comment. They want $40 to come out and "consult". Glad I pay taxes !! We live in the MOUNTAINS where it's not as hot as eastern NC. We don't need additional living space and don't want a 3 or 4 season room....just a screened in porch...
  18. Wolfpacker

It does not appear to have footings, just the slab so it will have to be sawcut where new posts will be needed. I'm having the contractor put down screen over the joists before putting down the floor. Also having the floor boards "picture framed" so you don't see the ends of boards and the...
  19. Wolfpacker

I want the existing overhang/soffit to be removed. One company plans to leave it. They do aluminum framing with SIP panels for the roof. Not sure I'm on board with that.
  20. Wolfpacker

I have been getting quotes/estimates on tearing off the deck on my house and replacing with a screen porch and roof. The joists are starting to show deterioration and I can't see putting walls and roof on a so-so framing structure. The deck is also not level....several inche of drop from house...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors