Search results

1. B

Where to buy furniture grade plywood in the Raleigh area?

Horizon Forest Products (4115 Commodity Pkwy, Raleigh, NC 27610). I get all my sheetgoods from them; better and consistent quality than the big box stores. they also have lumber, finishing supplies, etc. You still have to call in advance, order and then pay and pickup.
  2. B

Drill bits

I think it is the design and built quality of the machine. It uses a regular white grinding wheel, not sure what it is off the to[p of my head. Once this grinding wheel is used up, I plan to replace with a CBN and a diamond wheel.
  3. B

Drill bits

...what Bob said. I have the same Darex M-5 (lucky buy from a shop going out of business). Even though the M-5 is discontinued, Darex still supports it, also a very good company wuth excellent customer service. Before I had the Darex, I tried all the usual suspects and none of them worked...
  4. B

Found the limit of the shop mini-split

That is incredible! I will need tocheck into that brand. Thx Bernhard
  5. B

Found the limit of the shop mini-split

That is impressive! What brand is it?...planning to install a minisplit myself. Thx Bernhard
  6. B

Plywood Suppliers selling to public

..Just looked up when I got my account: Oct 2021, but have not used it until last week. Iirc, there was no minimum purchase required. On a related note, I do undestand that these types of companies want to limit their dealings with the general public: Too much work/overhead and low sales...
  7. B

Plywood Suppliers selling to public

I have an account with Wuerth. Doesn't take much to set up, all done via email. Basically as a non-established buisiness, you get a cash account (pay at pick up) and get a sales person contact. Have to order in advance.
  8. B

What’s the trick?

you could get some Dexpan or a similar product. Basically it is a non-explosive swelling compound. Used it when I had to crack some rather large rocks. You already have the holes drilled, fill with Dexpan and -voila- the next moring it is all cracked. Dexpan is some sort of bentonite-type...
  9. B

Wait time before grout?

I had the same situation: Using Kerdi as underlayment (totally water proof), used modified thinset, layed travertine tiles...and let it cure for 1 month before grouting (expoxy in wet areas, regular sanded grout in all other areas). Then I sealed everything with 511N Porous Plus; not exactly...
  10. B

Sharpening chainsaw

Buy a Harbor Freight chainsaw sharpener (~$35, Electric Chain Saw Sharpener). I got 7 chainsaws and this cheep, little gizmo is all I have been using for the past ~15 years. I started using it when I cleared land for my house/shop and still use it for cutting firewood for an outdoor boiler and...
  11. B

veneering question

As everyone said, veneer last. I have never double veneered, imho it causes other issues with balance. One other item to consider is the wood species. I also match the veneer glue color to the veneer. For darker wood (i.e. walnut) I use dark-tinted veneer glue; not only helps with hiding the...
  12. B

Well guys...I need some guidance about a well. I am feeling quite defeated.

Yep, mentioned that, too. Quick and easy to do.
  13. B

Nope, it is correct: Information given-250ft deep well, water level 30ft from grade> water column ~220ft, so take off another 20 ft to account for variation in diameter, thickness of casing wall and other incidentals. Also, the water level in the pump piping is 'available water' so why would...
  14. B

whops, forgot to mention a couple more things... I assume that you have done all those items, just saying... Did you testet continuity of the electrical conections up to the supply (i.e. disconnecting well wires from line and checking for continuity after the pump has been placed into the well)...
  15. B

Based on ~200 ft of water in the well with a 6" casing, you should have bout 300gal of water to pump, enough to fill the pipe and bladder tank. When you pulled up the pumps (both orignal and the lowes replacement), was there any mud on it? Where all the inlet screens clear? Did the pump 'bottom...
  16. B

Bridgewood Wide Belt Sander Rebuild

Are you referring to the diaphragm that is controlling the belt oscillation? My little wide belt (16"Leneave, aka Powermatic) appears to have just one mambrane (enclosed on a metal housing). Not sure what part you are referring to. Can you post a picture? Bernhard
  17. B

Accoya Lumber

Hi Matt and @dancewithwindows, Thanks for the additional info and leads. As for the base wood, I think the process only works for softwoods, but I am not sure. Accoya has a 50yr warranty so it should last as long as I need it. One question I have is the acetylation. Based on the info on the...
  18. B

Accoya Lumber

Hi all, Starting to make plans for a greenhouse (~16 x 24ft). At first I was looking only at extruded aluminum frame greenhouse for obvious reasons : no rust, lumber was not considered due to instability, and rot and the genral poor quality of lumber available. BUT then I stumbled accross...
  19. B

Kiln construction

May want to take a look at this: https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/bitstream/handle/10919/98866/420-030_pdf.pdf?sequence=1 Brian Bondfrom Virginia Tech has a series on building a solar kiln along with quite detailed plans and lots of related info.
  20. B

Industrial space

Location?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS