Search results

1. T

work in progress, 1/6th 1890's navy steam launch built to navy plans

this project crossed a milestone (sea bouy?) today as the framework in completed,, fairing and planking to start next week.. no more steam bending frame billets,,
  2. T

1/3 scale workbench

the amount of woodword on my current model project made give a bunch of money to Lee Valley tool,, thier 1/3 scale planes are great functional tools, but dealing with small stuff in a big vise wasn't going to work.. so using thier scale vises I made a benchtop workbench,, all hard maple from lab...
  3. T

need some special white oak for a large model boat project..

I'm staring the hull for a 1/6th scale 30ft US navy steam cutter/launch (5 ft ) this hull is being built with the woods spec'ed in the 1900 plans,, a few full sized boat builders have helped me out with some harder to source woods, hackmatac and eastern white cedar.. I did have some white oak...
  4. T

the first one was so nice had to get the other

2 months ago I bought the byrnes thickness sander a fantastic small tool for models and instrument work.. today the byrnes table saw arrived.. another fantastic tool.. did some test cutting what would have made my old modded dremel table saw bogg and smoke wood didn't even phase it, just clean...
  5. T

wood working in model ship building

as another hobby building large R/C model ships,, most of my model ships have fiberglass hulls that were molded from molds that were made over a wooden form.. a flat and true building board is the start, hull profiles and frames are set up, planking with bow and stern blocks added, lots of...
  6. T

wood, metal, horn, bone and antler project..

as the builder of strange things, I've started work on a 1470's crossbow replica.. getting the main works together, European hormbeam stock, antler parts for the release nut, the trigger(tickler) on this one was more complex than my mapp gas and vise forging set up could handle,, decided to farm...
  7. T

hornbeam/ musclewood

I'm looking for a strange piece of wood for a histroric reproduction,, need a billet 3" x 2.5" x 30" there are several different types of hardwoods that could be used but really wanting to stay with the 1450-1500s original..

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS