Search results

1. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

Mark, that's brilliant, and it would certainly do the trick. Thank you.
  2. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I found a solution. I purchased a Dremel oscillating tool. Using the flat blade that sits flush with the surface, it chews the glue deposits up with minimal affect on the MDF. Thanks again.
  3. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

Thank you, Mark. I'll give them a call.
  4. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

If the adhesive popped-off with a little encouragement, Mike, I'd do it--and still might. But if I could shave off 1/16" down to the MDF surface (without digging into the MDF), it would be infinitely more efficient.
  5. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

I understand, Fred, but many thanks none-the-less. On this project, a scraper won't do it, and I don't want to dig into the MDF. I really just want to shave off the residue (about 1/16") without digging into the MDF. (I agree with planing MDF; never had much success with it.)
  6. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

Fred, it's a 3M plastic adhesive. Dried, it feels and sticks like beads of wood glue.
  7. DavidMagee

Planer Needed

I have eight boards (26" x 16") that need one pass through a planer to knock off dried residue. I would do it myself but don't have a planer wide enough to do the job. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated, and I'll drive as far as I need to go to do it. Thank you!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS