Search results

1. spartyon8

Cleaning laser engraved items

I found that a few light strokes keeps it from shredding. It's all I use now.
  2. spartyon8

Cleaning laser engraved items

A damp Magic eraser...game changer for me.
  3. spartyon8

Lasered Lake Topography Maps

Thanks again for trying to help. I really do appreciate it. I am good with getting the basic outline but where I fall flat are the contours and islands. They all end up running into each other and become muddled together.
  4. spartyon8

Yup. There is a bar/restaurant that sells gas and bait to boaters. On their gas hut are all the props renters have ruined running aground on them. I loves this place though, best fishing of my life.
  5. spartyon8

what to fill knot with

I tried the Alumilite stuff and got very uneven results. Even after cured, I would find that I could leave a fingernail imprint. I now use a longer set resin (less air bubbles, more uniformity, etc.) when I decide to use resin. Lately, I have been using Knottec glue sticks and like them quite a bit.
  6. spartyon8

Bathymetric layers (3-5) as this lake is going to be tricky. It will probably be 3 layers after all of my failed attempts. It will also have all islands (and there are a ton of them), roads and local towns.
  7. spartyon8

I reached out to a lady who does custom orders on Facebook. For $30 she is going to create the file for me. After multiple attempts with all of the junk on the map of this lake, I feel it will be $30 well spent.
  8. spartyon8

Thank you, Ken! I got one to come out almost exactly the same. After going through yours and mine, I am nearing the point of giving up. Either I get very little detail in the lake or I get a muddied mess.
  9. spartyon8

I found this one: Lake Chippewa (WI) nautical chart and water depth map
  10. spartyon8

I found some on etsy but they were either completed maps for sale or one layer, not including depth contours.
  11. spartyon8

Thank you for offering to help. I am trying like crazy to find a quality map that fits the screen and keeps details. The lake if very large and split into two. I was planning on mapping each side separately and framing both to be hung next to each other. In the middle of the lake is a bridge...
  12. spartyon8

I am drawing a blank on where I got the two I already made from. It was a free webapp where I could turn on/off a bunch of features to create a black and white image.
  13. spartyon8

I am fine with only a few contours. The big thing is there are some special places and fishing spots on the lake that I want to be able to show.
  14. spartyon8

As of right now, I mostly edit through Lightburn. I can’t seem to get contour maps to work while tracing in Lightburn. I was hoping for some tricks but I keep hitting dead ends as a lot of people who do this sell their work, and rightfully so.
  15. spartyon8

Has anyone ever made one? I made one of High Rock Lake and Lake Norman but they are only two layers with no depth contours or points of interest around the lake. I want to make one of the Chippewa Flowage in Hayward, WI for a family member when we go up this summer. I haven't found any in depth...
  16. spartyon8

Dewalt Planer DW735x (no stand) SOLD

I am upgrading the planer in my shop and no longer need this. It is about 3 years old and is well taken care of. This is the version that has the folding infeed/outfeed tables. I put new blades in on Tuesday (1/17). I also have a video of it running because I will only do a meetup (the wife and...
  17. spartyon8

Cracks/Checks and How to Fix/Work

I want to thank everyone for their insight. I used some thin ca glue and the tiny cracks absorbed it rather quickly. I hope it binds enough.
  18. spartyon8

Being as dense and close to the edge as both of these woods are, I am afraid of them just breaking off.
  19. spartyon8

Yeah, the shop vac glue method won’t work as they don’t go through the board. I wonder about a THIN ca glue. I never bought it before as I heard it was very runny. The crack might take that. I will stop by Klinspor after work. I hate to leave them open because of people washing them like you...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS