Can we borrow your table saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I know, that's an odd request, so let me explain why I'm asking. On June 17 Mike Davis will be conducting a "Machine Maintenance Workshop". He will go over basic maintenance, repair, and tune-up of several common workshop power tools. We already have, or have access to, most of the ones he will be demonstrating. But we don't have an extra contractor style table saw to use. I have one, but it is built into a large table and would not be convenient for everyone to gather around and see what Mike is doing.

So here's the request: Do you have a contractor style table saw we could use for this workshop? You will get it back after the workshop, AND it will be tuned up. :) If you live within a reasonable driving distance (say 75 miles) of me (Liberty, NC 27298) I will come pick it up, and return it afterward.

Thank you for considering this and helping out if you can.

Tiout

New User
Michael
Its a little outside your range, but you are welcome to use mine if you need. I have a Jet JWTS-10JF. I'm in NW Charlotte close to Mt Island Lake.

StephenK

New User
Stephen
The Forge may have a Jet contractor saw you could use. Might be able to swing having the class at The Forge as well. I'll have to ask, though.

edit - scratch that. We just sold it this weekend to make room.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I have a Bosch 4000 on a folding stand/with wheels and you're welcome to it. I'm in Rougemont (53 miles from Liberty) but could meet you in Hillsborough for an exchange.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Am I going to that class? I have a sawstop job site saw you can play with. I think it will fit in my car. I also have an old craftsman contracted style with the motor inside instead of outside. Would love to get that tuned up so I could sell it.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I have a Craftman hybrid table saw. I'm close to Fuquay (even though it's considered Apex somehow)

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
Bill I have a JET JWTS-10 Contractor saw that you are most welcome to use. I have it mounted on the mobile base so it is not too hard to move around and a dust bag attached to the bottom to limit the mess of cutting.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
WOW! What a great organization this is. Posted this request at 11:30 this morning and already have 9 offers. Amazing.

Since Mike will be doing the actual demonstration/tune-up, I'll let him review the offers and we'll decide which he thinks will work best for the workshop.

Thank you everyone for the quick and generous responses.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice assortment to choose from. I would like to tune up a saw that someone is using and wants to use, one that maybe needs adjustment but no rust bucket.

Something very common so the most people benefit from the demonstration. Delta, Craftsman, Jet all work.

So, who needs it most?

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I have been using my Jet for about 15 years now if that helps any Mike!
I think it's in great shape and have no intention to replace it.
Just to make mention, The saw runs on 220v which I have a 25 foot extension for as well in case that is a deal breaker for the shop and electrical supply.

Last edited:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have been using my Jet for about 15 years now if that helps any Mike!
I think it's in great shape and have no intention to replace it.
Just to make mention, The saw runs on 220v which I have a 25 foot extension for as well in case that is a deal breaker for the shop and electrical supply.

The 220v might be a problem, Frank. I have no 220v outlets in my shop. All of my 220v equipment is hard-wired w/ cut-out switches for safety.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nice assortment to choose from. I would like to tune up a saw that someone is using and wants to use, one that maybe needs adjustment but no rust bucket.

Something very common so the most people benefit from the demonstration. Delta, Craftsman, Jet all work.

So, who needs it most?

My Bosch 4000 is pretty well tuned I believe, but it's still available if needed.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
I adjusted the top on mine, and put a new Incra rip fence on it. It cuts ok, a little under powered for thicker stock, but with thin kerf blade it does ok. I think it still needs some TLC because there is a vibration that I can't track down. I think it's the belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS