Knockoff DeWalt Driver ... Amusing

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
When I am bored at night I sometimes surf the AliExpress site .......... ahhh yes, Chinesium quality at its best

Anyway, I saw a Knock off DeWalt Driver for 40 bucks with shipping ........... WOW you know that must be a REAL Dewalt tool.....:rolleyes:

So I got it. It works fine, the motor is actually pretty good. The switch will probably fail as it seems cheap and the chuck is kinda flaky. But I have a fix for that. I will keep it at work in case someone tries to steal it, then no loss really.

As it turns out, I have my original driver from January-2013, then my updated XR version 2021 and then the stubby 2023, lastly the chinesium special.

Interesting thing The:

2013 weighs 922 grams (32.5oz) 2-lb

2021 weighs 924 grams (32.5oz) 2-lb

2023stubby weighs 952 grams (33.6oz) 2.1-lb

The China special 999 grams (35.24 oz) 2.2-lb- all the labels are the wrong color and no model number. Besides most Dewaltcordless are assembled in Mexico and will say "made in Mexico"

I have used all of these except the China one extensively . By comparison, the XR is really a better tool overall and the stubby really is only 1/2 inch shorter so not enough to make you go "wow got to get it".

What surprises me is the 2013 is still going strong and I still have its original battery... (the damning evidence I am getting old)

Attachments

• Dewalt Driver (1).jpg
    Dewalt Driver (1).jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 54
  • Dewalt Driver (2).jpg
    Dewalt Driver (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • Dewalt Driver (3).jpg
    Dewalt Driver (3).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 56
  • Dewalt Driver (4).jpg
    Dewalt Driver (4).jpg