It seems silly but...

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Testing airflows for high lift vacuum needs. Miter saw, sanders, cleaning up.
The most economical seems to be dedicated systems, Ridgid vac, HEPA filter/bag and a C-V or D-D cyclone as each is only about $200 a pop. Even sitting side by side as things like automictic diverter valves seem to be non-existent or DIY.

Makes me wonder if a bank of vacuums and mini-cyclones would actually out perform my big 5 HP cyclone and provide the high lift needed for these small port tools.

If anyone knows of a remote control 2 1/2 inch diverter let me know.

mpeele

michael
User
I have a central vacuum system that since we don't vacuum anymore I have hooked to miter saw. I think its rated at about 100 cfm and 140" WC.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
The dust collection built into miter saws makes any suction system ineffective, the dust collection is just poorly designed and companies do not care to fix it. I did find a guy who engineers and dust collection for the most common miter saws brands/models. I got the modified dust collection port for my DeWalt and it is a night and day difference which allows your dust collection system to collect more. The dust left after cuts is now minimal versus most of it that was left before changing the dust collection out on the saw. I know this may not speak directly to your quest but this is an after market add-on that really does help a lot for the miter saws.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS