It’s that time of year again

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
As we celebrate all of the winter holidays and the closing of another year, I find myself sitting quietly in my shop listening to the sounds of the morning. It is my favorite room and I enjoy just being in it. I also enjoy looking back at this past year and the accomplishments we as a community have achieved. We had several successful workshops. There was a dual shop crawl that was a big hit for all who attended. We had a presence at every Klingspor event this year. Our picnic and raffle was a great success for us this year raising funds for our operations and starting an an investment account for the scholarship fund. We currently are still raising funds for its continued growth. The Klingspor Extravaganza was one of our best with a new larger space to present all we do to the public. We currently have over 13.5K registered members on this site. Our Facebook group is growing even stronger. We established two scholarships with Haywood County Community College, we haven’t confirmed if they have been awarded as of yet but we are hopeful that is coming soon. We hope to establish at least one more scholarship somewhere with a fine woodworking program in 2024. We have had a really successful year and we would like to thank everyone who donated their time and or moneys to take part of our events. We also would like to thank everyone just showed up to help organize and participate in any of our events. It takes all of us to make all of this work. I personally would like thank the folks who work behind the scenes, the ones who are working to improve and maintain our community. These are our administrators, moderators, and our board members, volunteers all who work to help us achieve our goals. i personally would like to encourage anyone wanting to participate in or wanting to put on an event, workshop, shop crawl to please step forward and put it on. You will be supported. We also have another election this coming year with three spots to be filled. If you have a desire to help lead this merry band of woodworks I encourage you put your name forward when the announcement is made.
We have a lot to look forward to in 2024 with more workshops. I plan on putting on at least three if not four this coming year. We hope Berta will put on more of her scroll saw workshops. We would love to have others to step forward with workshops that you would like to see. More Klingspor events to look forward to. The raffle and picnic will be here before we know it. There will be much to do. We look forward to it all.
Lastly we come to you hat in hand to ask with all that we have thankful for, would you please consider donating to the scholarship fund to help us leap forward in establishing and maintaining more scholarships with in the State of North Carolina.
Thank you for your consideration and thank you for your participation throughout all of our activities.

Last edited:

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well said Richard. I am enjoying being part of the current board. I am also excited about what was accomplished in 2023 and very much looking forward to 2024.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you Richard well said!
As Richard said, if you have thought about helping, please do - the input is minimal, but what you get out of it is priceless!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS