How get rid of sawdust?

First Due David

Dave
User
I was gonna be funny when I just saw the posting of how to get rid of sawdust. Little bit of a wise A$$ I am I was gonna say take up crocheting bc that’s the only way I found. I have 2 dust collectors and 2 shop vacs and still have it. When you figure that out my friend you will be rich.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
The bin below my DC is about 70 gallons. I have taken it to the local garbage collection center several times but dumping it is a chore. The dust and shavings do not simply slide out, I have to help them some. And it is heavy. They have a bin for construction waste and that is where I dump it. The last few times I have partially drained it into my fire pit. It burns but not well. Best to burn with other material. When I burn it separately it smolders for a day or two - doesn't really burn well. I have a battery powered leaf vacuum that I sometimes use to suck 10 gallons or so at a time from the bin.

Sharpshooter

New User
Wayne
The bin below my DC is about 70 gallons. I have taken it to the local garbage collection center several times but dumping it is a chore. The dust and shavings do not simply slide out, I have to help them some. And it is heavy. They have a bin for construction waste and that is where I dump it. The last few times I have partially drained it into my fire pit. It burns but not well. Best to burn with other material. When I burn it separately it smolders for a day or two - doesn't really burn well. I have a battery powered leaf vacuum that I sometimes use to suck 10 gallons or so at a time from the bin.
What area are you located? Asking in case shop is within a reasonable distance to come and pick it up.
Grandson uses sawdust for various livestock needs.
Farm is in eastern Rowan County, NC
Thanks

Sharpshooter

New User
Wayne
plastic bag in the trash can is my go to now, i used to just dump the dust bin into the can at the street and watch the cloud of dust when the trash make picked it up but I have gotten nicer as i've gotten older :)
What area are you located? Asking in case shop is within a reasonable distance to come and pick it up.
Grandson uses sawdust for various livestock needs.
Farm is in eastern Rowan County, NC
Thanks

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I don't live in the city limits, so garbage collection/disposal is on me. I take my bagged chips to the local trash collection facility and dump the bag into the yard waste bin with the other yard waste. Since I'm cheap I reuse the bags.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS