Dust filter

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
I had been using a Grizzly dust collector with their collection bags. When I did a fair amount of sanding with my drum sander, everything in the shop ended with a coating of sander dust. I knew the bags weren’t good, but that was ugly.

I didn’t want to spend a pile of money as my longer term plan is to substantially increase the collector size.

I found that American Fabric Filter had a 20” x 96” bag for under $100. I’ve recently done quite a bit of drum sanding and there is no discernible sander dust leaking. Initially the bag didn’t really inflate though now with a significant dust cake it pretty much fills out though seems to be more than adequately sized. I hang the bag from the ceiling which makes the collector pretty non-portable.

If anyone wants to improve the collection efficiency without spending the dollars for pleated filters, this may be a good option for you.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
Bag filters are designed to get more efficient when they have a cake of dust on them until they have to much cake and flow pressure drops.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS