Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.88 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: 5/4 Cedar

Quote Originally Posted by patlaw View Post
    I don't in any want to disparage this organization. They're doing a great job. My point is, I don't think that these leftovers are typical of the birdhouses they're building.
    You aren't disparaging the organization. You could have simply explained it better: "most are good quality construction but once in awhile it's not very good".

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq
    6.65 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by patlaw View Post
    The price at SECU was $10, but they're the pine versions, and some of them were not particularly well constructed. It appears that they were the leftovers.
    The SECU ONLY sells pine bird houses. Cypress are special order. When they leave us I can't tell you what happens to them or how they are treated. When they leave everyone is sanded as needed, inspected and if found defective repaired or put in a pile of 2nds. These 2nds are only sold at the shop. Typical defects that requires a repair or rejection are doors not opening and closing properly and nails sticking through to the inside. I have several house in my yard. All are 2nds. Don't tell the birds..... they don't know it.

Mike if you get back to the SECU please take a picture of the "leftovers". I will get it to the organizers.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    - Lou Holtz-

3. The following 2 users say Thank You to ScottM :

Corporate Member
    DQ

Nickname
    Mike (65)
    Visit Freq
    6.81 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Scott, I think they're in touch with with organization. The rack is not full. I told them they were making more on the 21st, and they were happy. They apparently sell a lot of them. I strongly encourage anyone who is interested in birdhouses to drop by and buy one or more. They're the deal of the year!

Corporate Member
    DQ

Nickname
    Mike (65)
    Visit Freq
    6.81 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    You aren't disparaging the organization. You could have simply explained it better: "most are good quality construction but once in awhile it's not very good".
    Jeff, I guess I'm just not as gifted with words as you are.

Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    0.42 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    The SECU ONLY sells pine bird houses. Cypress are special order. When they leave us I can't tell you what happens to them or how they are treated. When they leave everyone is sanded as needed, inspected and if found defective repaired or put in a pile of 2nds. These 2nds are only sold at the shop. Typical defects that requires a repair or rejection are doors not opening and closing properly and nails sticking through to the inside. I have several house in my yard. All are 2nds. Don't tell the birds..... they don't know it.

Mike if you get back to the SECU please take a picture of the "leftovers". I will get it to the organizers.
    Hey Scott still full of humor I see I too have lots of bird house in my yard and I didn't build a single one. Birds build them better than I ever could. Your spoiling your birds!
    Last edited by CrealBilly; 01-10-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    #ArmOurTeachers
    #SchoolConsealedCarry

7. The following user says Thank You to CrealBilly for this useful post:

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.88 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Got one today at a SECU for $10. Not bad for the $ and the birds won't know the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by nn4jw View Post
    The houses cost around $10. Maybe $5. It's been a year since I bought the last couple. As far as I know any one could walk in and buy them. They are usually on a display near the seating/waiting area.

9. The following user says Thank You to Jeff for this useful post: