DQ
    Nickname
    Donn (69)
    Visit Freq
    4.42 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Grizzly - Good Experience

In August, I ordered a Grizzly 8" jointer with a spiral cutter (G0490X). I thought I would have to wait many months before it arrived, but I was fortunate that it arrived in November. When I say arrived, half of it arrived (the base). On the day that I was expecting delivery, I received a call from Grizzly asking if the machine had arrived yet; when I replied that it had not, the very nice lady said that she had some good news and some bad news. The good news being that the base would arrive that day, the bad news being that the bed had been misdirected to Florida. I was informed that in such situations the normal company policy would be to ship me a new machine, BUT there were no new ones available and that it would be months before a new shipment was expected. To make a long story short, when the bed finally arrived (two weeks later), it was apparent that the crate had been on the road a bit too long. As directed by Grizzly, I documented the condition of the crate and its contents. All things considered the jointer was in really good condition (a broken dust chute, bent corner on the depth of cut gauge, missing push pads, and a small scratch on the in-feed bed)...nothing that impacted functionality was damaged. Grizzly is sending a new chute and push pads as well as monetary compensation in the form of a gift card for products from their catalog. Perhaps the thing that impresses me the most is the fact that they took the initiative...they called me (on numerous occasions), I did not have to chase them down. While I wish the jointer had arrived when expected and unblemished, I am pleased very pleased with the product and the service!
    DRW

2. The following 8 users say Thank You to drw :

User
    DQ

Nickname
    Jason (38)
    Visit Freq
    2.04 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Grizzly - Good Experience

I have had good experiences with the couple Grizzly orders I have placed. I won't be ordering a jointer anytime soon. Thanks Donn!

4. The following user says Thank You to Herdfan2005 for this useful post:

drw

Corporate Member
    DQ

Nickname
    Mike (65)
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I want to order some small parts from them, but their shipping charges are based on the size of the order - not the weight of the item. Luckily shipping charges are capped on larger items.

6. The following user says Thank You to patlaw for this useful post:

drw

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Ethan (47)
    Visit Freq
    6.69 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

It’s always nice to know that there are still some companies out there that genuinely understand good customer service is good business and pays dividends long after the initial sale. Most customers understand that mistakes and accidents can happen, as inconvenient as they may be, what a customer can never understand is when a seller/manufacturer does not step up to make things as right as practically possible under the circumstances. Some well deserved Kudos to Grizzly!

8. The following user says Thank You to ehpoole for this useful post:

drw

Co-director of Outreach Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Dirk (63)
    Visit Freq
    5.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Now I know where to go to use a large jointer.........

10. The following user says Thank You to golfdad for this useful post:

drw

User
    Nickname
    Mark
    Visit Freq
    6.27 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I have the same jointer and Grizzly has been very helpful. However I have a problem with the pulley wheel that refuses to stay on the motor shaft. I have done all the research , adjusted, tightened, etc, and spoken with the tech folks at Grizzly and am waiting for the next solution from them. It is a wonderful machine when it's working, and I am sure this can be solved. But it's a pain to have to rework this on your own..... the motor is heavy!

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Frank (77)
    Visit Freq
    7.08 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Grizzly. I've called with issues for machines I bought used and they took the time to walk me through fixes. I'm not certain but I get the feeling from reading previous posts on NCWW and other woodworking sites that Grizzly company policy whether written or not, is to offer help to those who present their problem in a positive and friendly manner rather than in some nasty or condescending way that implies their machines are junk and now they are compelled to help fix it.
    Could be wrong but we all know there are 2 things that attract flies, one of them being honey.
    Last edited by frankc4113; 12-06-2018 at 11:52 AM.

13. The following user says Thank You to frankc4113 for this useful post:

drw