jack
    Visit Freq
    0.23 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

how to edit classified post

Type of Help Needed: How Do I
    Where: Classifieds

Having trouble with classified post: I filled in the price field, but it didn't show in the post. Also, my pics didn't upload. And I went to "edit classified" link, but see no way to fix these issues. Hope there is a solution to this, thank you.

Board of Directors
    President
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Mike
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: how to edit classified post

The price has to be numerals only 10.00 works, $10 does not.

Photos are a problem now due to an error our server host made and is slow to correct.

There are several ways to go about editing your ad. The most straightforward is to do the same procedure you did to create the original Ad, but instead of creating a new Ad select the "Edit Your Classifieds" option instead (located under the same "Post Classified" pull-down menu you used to create the Ad). This will essentially take you straight to the "Settings" control panel (the upper right-hand of every page) and drop you into the "My Classifieds" section (which is located in the left-hand sidebar menu within the Settings control panel) -- and navigating those two screens would get you to the same place as the first option.

From the "My Classifieds" control panel (as mentioned above) you will be presented with a list of all your existing Ads and may manage all your Classified Ads -- edit, delete, close, renew, etc. -- from there.

One machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." -Elbert Hubbard

WWFD

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Ethan (47)
    Visit Freq
    6.69 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: how to edit classified post

Mike has covered the edit instructions.

Also as Mike mentions you may only use numbers or the decimal character in the price field, any other input character or symbol will result in it being seen as a non-numeric value and will evaluate to either “0” or null since letters and symbols do not logically evaluate to a number. For example, what value is “4y8.00” — that is what extraneous characters look like to the code since it does not have the added logic to try and evaluate incorrect entries into something seemingly more appropriate. That also means you must not include the already implied “$” dollar sign since it is non-numeric. This is one of those cases where we have to remember that entries that, even if technically incorrect in their format or character set, are nonetheless plainly evident to a human reader can cause undo confusion for a computer!

Photos are one of the things fairly broken at the moment thanks to the unannounced server migration by our host and we still do not have the access to our server necessary to even begin trying to fix things I’m afraid. Others have reported that if you resize your photos to 800 pixels, or less, on the widest axis (e.g. 800x600 or 600x800) that such may work since they may not depend upon the image processing code and utilities that resize larger photos and are broken at the moment. So you may wish to try resizing your photos accordingly and then try to reupload them to see if that works.

Unfortunately there is no ETA on fixing our server until such time as we have regained proper access to it. In the meantime we are fortunate that the site is more, or less, 80% functional as a discussion forum in its present state (save for the headache of needing to resize photos before uploading them, which is most of that 20% that I docked).

I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has been causing everyone — it’s been very frustrating for myself as well.