R
    Visit Freq
    0.38 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Cancel membership

Type of Help Needed: Other
    Where: Account & User Settings

I'm no longer receiving subscription postings so I assume my residency has expired. Please remove my account and associated files.

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Ethan (47)
    Visit Freq
    6.65 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Cancel membership

Quote Originally Posted by SevenPin View Post
    I'm no longer receiving subscription postings so I assume my residency has expired. Please remove my account and associated files.
    Please be advised that we NEVER terminate a member’s status as a consequence of having left our stated acceptance region, that check only applies during the initial registration. We have many members from many states all across the U.S. who once resided in the Southeast U.S. but have since moved and all are welcome to remain NCWW members for the rest of their lives if they wish.

There are several possible reasons as to why one will no longer be receiving subscriptions:

1) Your default subscription setting was set to “do not subscribe” and you have not explicitly selected threads to subscribe to (you can select on a per thread basis when replying by clicking the “Go Advanced” button in the Quick-Reply Editor and selecting the subscription model you would prefer for that thread). To review or change your default subscription method, go to “Settings” (top right-hand of every screen), then select “General Settings” from the left-hand sidebar menu, then scroll down to the “Default Thread Subscription Mode” and choose your preferred default subscription method, then remember to scroll down and click the “Save Changes” button to commit the change. Also, please be aware that if a subscription mode that does not generate an email report is chosen when subscribing to a thread or forum then obviously no email notification will be made (not all possible subscription modes generate an email report).

2) Your email address has changed and it has not been updated to reflect that change. To check your current email address and update it, if necessary, click on “Settings” (upper right-hand of every screen), then select “Edit Email & Password” from the left-hand sidebar menu. From this screen, review your current email address and if it is incorrect re-enter your correct email address in both boxes (the main and confirm entries), then scroll down and click “Save Changes” to commit the change. After the change you may receive a validation email, if so then you would need to click the link in that email to confirm and validate the change (I do t know whether such an email is generated as I have never changed my email address, but I want to let you know that such might happen before the change is fully validated).

3) Your Internet/email provider, or your email client application, may not be delivering emails from NCWW to your Inbox folder and may be flagging them as spam (or worse, not delivering them altogether). In this case NCWW may need to be white-listed or you may need to repeatedly locate NCWW emails in your Spam folder and retrain the spam filter to recategorize them as “ham” (desirable) so that the filter stops recognizing all such emails as spam.

4) You simply are not presently subscribed to any threads or forums with current activity.

In your specific case my research seems to show that you have not posted (or subscribed?) to anything since January 15th, 2013. That is far enough back that you will likely need to subscribe to threads or forums of interest if you wish to receive such as that dates back to the period where this site went through it’s last major upgrade (be advised that the next major upgrade should hopefully happen sometime over this next year as well as it’s that time again). Also, reviewing your profile shows that your default subscription mode is presently set to “do not subscribe”. If you wish to subscribe to specific threads or forums, please verify your email address on record is correct and then resubscribe with a subscription mode that will generate an email report of the preferred type (even as an admin, I can not easily see whether you still have any active subscriptions without digging through database tables). You can review subscriptions from the “Settings” screen (top right-hand of every screen) and selecting “Subscriptions” from the left-hand sidebar menu (note: “paid subscriptions” is altogether different, you want the “subscriptions” screen).

We can still delete your account information if you do not wish to remain a member, but you have not lost any status with NCWW as a consequence of your move and are more than welcome to remain.

Please be advised that while we do delete account information upon a verified request (the profile and related user information specifically) we do NOT delete posts, threads, or attachments/photos — they simply become the property of a generic “non-user” account (the name of which escapes me at the moment). We do not delete these for the simple reason that doing such is fundamentally antisocial and unfairly punishes all other members whom have responded to one’s past posts and threads and this site is about archiving knowledge for past, present, and future visitors and punching giant gaping holes in discussions and mass deleting threads is inconsistent with that mission (also, mass deleting member posts still leaves quoted remnants in places, where quotation was used, so true site-wide deletion of everything is technically impractical). That said, if there are a handful of select posts that include personal details like address, phone number, or email addresses then we are more than willing to consider either deleting or editing those specific posts if we are provided with such a list wo,long as it is a list of reasonable length.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you would still like your profile information deleted, then please explicitly make that request via PM to myself and I will make that happen — just please be aware that such action is irreversible and can not be undone should one later change their mind.

Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Steve (74)
    Visit Freq
    6.42 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I believe the generic user may be “Otto Magic”

4. The following 2 users say Thank You to SteveColes :

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq
    6.65 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I have emailed the requestor.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    - Lou Holtz-