Klingspor's Woodworking Shop (Locations) Ad #1

Special Events in the next 30 days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Phil S's Avatar
    Nickname
    Phil Soper (68)
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,530
    Visit Freq
    9.42 visits/week
    Threads
    532
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    This sounds like a great new product. I cannot wait to try it. I wonder if it could be put into a film product that would work with the new hydro-dipping process. Imagine creating something out of carbon fiber and then hydro-dipping it with a film that made it look like cherry burl. Also wondering if it could be produced in a solid thread that could be melted in a 3d printer. I could try either or both in my shop. Thanks

  2. #17
    Corporate Member
    DQ

    Nickname
    Richard
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    267
    Visit Freq
    5.08 visits/week
    Threads
    39
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    Thank you James for coming to our site and sharing information about your product. We appreciate your engagement with the community.

  3. #18
    Newbie
    Nickname
    Renaissance Innovations, LLC
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    6
    Visit Freq
    3.11 visits/week
    Threads
    0
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Thanks James.

    I looked at the SDS and it only has 7% wood dust with other fillers and solvents so it's not much real wood.



    Did Mr. Boest feed you this line about "it's real wood" that you're quoting and now trying to market? Provisional utility patents are filed with the US PTO but aren't issued yet.

    https://patents.justia.com/inventor/christopher-r-boest
    Hi Jeff,
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck then maybe it's a duck.
    If it looks like wood, feels like wood and has the durability of wood then maybe it's wood...
    It is my belief that until you have actually used Retique It Liquid Wood maybe your opinion is not the best to go by. We have thousands of customers who have the opposite opinion, some have used it on hundreds of pieces as part of their business. Since they have come to their conclusions after using the product, I tend to give their opinion more weight than someone who dismisses it out of hand. I personally have used this product on many pieces and feel that your opinion does not persuade me over my experience.

    Sincerely
    James C.

  4. The following user says Thank You to jamesdcorwin for this useful post:


  5. #19
    Newbie
    Nickname
    Renaissance Innovations, LLC
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    6
    Visit Freq
    3.11 visits/week
    Threads
    0
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil S View Post
    This sounds like a great new product. I cannot wait to try it. I wonder if it could be put into a film product that would work with the new hydro-dipping process. Imagine creating something out of carbon fiber and then hydro-dipping it with a film that made it look like cherry burl. Also wondering if it could be produced in a solid thread that could be melted in a 3d printer. I could try either or both in my shop. Thanks

    Wow! You have some ideas that are truly forward thinking. I'm going to take your questions to our team of chemists! Considering I live in Apex and you live in Raleigh I would love for you come by our new Retique It Resource Center and get the opportunity to meet you. Our Resource Center is in Apex by Ten Ten Road and Hwy 1. Send me a message if you are interested.

    Sincerely
    James Corwin
    PS Our Resource Center has many pieces finished with Retique it you can check out before you decide to purchase some.

  6. The following user says Thank You to jamesdcorwin for this useful post:


  7. #20
    Newbie
    Nickname
    Renaissance Innovations, LLC
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Apex, NC
    Posts
    6
    Visit Freq
    3.11 visits/week
    Threads
    0
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    Thank you for having me. Our website showed a spike of traffic coming from this thread so it lead me to check it out. I'm usually focused on national forums. It's enjoyable being on one here in NC.

  8. The following user says Thank You to jamesdcorwin for this useful post:


  9. #21
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Phil S's Avatar
    Nickname
    Phil Soper (68)
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    4,530
    Visit Freq
    9.42 visits/week
    Threads
    532
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdcorwin View Post
    Wow! You have some ideas that are truly forward thinking. I'm going to take your questions to our team of chemists! Considering I live in Apex and you live in Raleigh I would love for you come by our new Retique It Resource Center and get the opportunity to meet you. Our Resource Center is in Apex by Ten Ten Road and Hwy 1. Send me a message if you are interested.

    Sincerely
    James Corwin
    PS Our Resource Center has many pieces finished with Retique it you can check out before you decide to purchase some.
    I welcome your invitation and will be sending a message. Thanks for telling us more about your product and I am sorry you had to defend yourself. Some of our nay-sayers should remember "If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything"

  10. The following 5 users say Thank You to Phil S :


  11. #22
    Board of Directors
    Events Director
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Berta's Avatar
    Nickname
    Roberta
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cameron, NC
    Posts
    3,138
    Visit Freq
    6.62 visits/week
    Threads
    290
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    I think I will pull from my decorative painter past and finally put some new life in my old dresser. Thanks!
    Berta

  12. #23
    Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rougemont, NC
    Posts
    7,369
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    635
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Retique it liquid wood

    should remember "If you cannot say something nice, do not say anything"
    No offense intended or implied. I wasn't stating my opinion but rather the scientific facts about what the product is or is not. I haven't used it so I can't state what it's like in my hands/experience.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesdcorwin View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck then maybe it's a duck.
    If it looks like wood, feels like wood and has the durability of wood then maybe it's wood...
    It is my belief that until you have actually used Retique It Liquid Wood maybe your opinion is not the best to go by. We have thousands of customers who have the opposite opinion, some have used it on hundreds of pieces as part of their business. Since they have come to their conclusions after using the product, I tend to give their opinion more weight than someone who dismisses it out of hand. I personally have used this product on many pieces and feel that your opinion does not persuade me over my experience.

    Sincerely
    James C.
    Last edited by Jeff; 10-09-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Powder or liquid dyes
    By weelis in forum Finishing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 09:09 AM
  2. Which form of dye to use-- liquid or powder
    By weelis in forum Finishing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 09:41 AM
  3. This just in... Liquid wood ?!?
    By sberube in forum Wood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 07:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •