DQ
    Nickname
    Mike
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Some great tools, bought my son a knife grinder

I met Greywolf at his parents house last night. I went to look at some picture framing equipment. Thought I might start a sideline making picture frames like I did back in the late 70s. Made good money back then doing shadow boxes and large frames for fine prints.

Well, I didn't expect top grade professional equipment, I thought his dad was just a hobby framer. You really could open a full time pro frame shop with just the tools and supplies he has and for less than one new piece of the bunch.

Too much for me with my already full time job and not nearly enough space left in the garage, but somebody should jump on this great deal.

What I did buy was a nice knife grinder on a heavy stand. My son wants to start making knives and this should be perfect for him.

One machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." -Elbert Hubbard

WWFD

2. The following 2 users say Thank You to Mike Davis :

Corporate Member
    DQ

Nickname
    Daniel
    Visit Freq
    6.46 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Some great tools, bought my son a knife grinder

How do we contact him? I can't figure out how to send him a PM.

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ

Nickname
    Neal (58)
    Visit Freq
    9.12 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by tri4sale View Post
    How do we contact him? I can't figure out how to send him a PM.
    In the menu across the top, select Community, then Members. You can then search or go to the G heading to scroll through the members. He also has a couple of classified ads where you can use the contact seller option.

5. The following 3 users say Thank You to bowman :

Board of Directors
    President
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Mike
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Or just start a PM and type his screen name in the address box

One machine can do the work of 50 ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man." -Elbert Hubbard

WWFD

7. The following user says Thank You to Mike Davis for this useful post:

Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    1.96 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    I met Greywolf at his parents house last night. I went to look at some picture framing equipment. Thought I might start a sideline making picture frames like I did back in the late 70s. Made good money back then doing shadow boxes and large frames for fine prints.

Well, I didn't expect top grade professional equipment, I thought his dad was just a hobby framer. You really could open a full time pro frame shop with just the tools and supplies he has and for less than one new piece of the bunch.

Too much for me with my already full time job and not nearly enough space left in the garage, but somebody should jump on this great deal.

What I did buy was a nice knife grinder on a heavy stand. My son wants to start making knives and this should be perfect for him.
    You should sideline... It's a great time to start a new business. The economy has picked up and it looks to be chugging along at a fast pace ahead. The last 9 years were a big flipping waste of everyone's life, not to mention aggravation. And all for what? When so much more could have been eaisly done to ease the pain and suffering.

Trust me I sense and understand your hesitation. but you know at some point you just have to say FU and flip the past a bird and look at the bright future and the small business friendly enviorment that is taking shape for you - to have liberty to grab hold of the American dream.

So many talented members on this site. Make the most of it guys - come on now. How about starting up a North Carolina Furniture mgf business. Building and selling high-end furniture and not this Chinese garbage available today.
    Last edited by CrealBilly; 05-11-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    #ArmOurTeachers
    #SchoolConsealedCarry