Festool (Ad #2)

Special Events in the next 30 days

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Senior User
    DQ
    tdukes's Avatar
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    403
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    71
    Classifieds
    0

    Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Been running into more issues than had planned. Hopefully, I can get the cathedral door template thing worked out. I re-ordered a set from Peachtree.

    Got to thinking. What to make the the back panel with? Was wanting to build it using white oak and go with white oak plywood but don't want to have to buy a 4' x 8' sheet. A 1/4 sheet would probably be more than enough. I don't think red oak ply would stain and match up. Thought about doing a solid glued up panel but that might add too much weight unless I resaw some stock down to 1/2" or less. Don't want to leave it with an open back.

    Any ideas?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Board of Directors
    Secretary
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Hmerkle's Avatar
    Nickname
    Hank
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    5,401
    Visit Freq
    5.00 visits/week
    Threads
    292
    Classifieds
    1

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    I will be REALLY curious to see what the Peachtree templates look like - I don't think I would have had the faith to try Peachtree... after the Eagle debacle!
    People are amazed as a shaving rises from the throat of a plane as if itís a spell plucked from a sorcererís hand Ė Paul Sellers

  3. #3
    Senior User
    DQ
    tdukes's Avatar
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    403
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    71
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Hmerkle View Post
    I will be REALLY curious to see what the Peachtree templates look like - I don't think I would have had the faith to try Peachtree... after the Eagle debacle!
    I know. I'll send those back as well if they are junk. About ready to scrap this project. Really wanted the cathedral doors but not wanting to spend a fortune doing it. I can do a raised panel in a square/rectangular frame, just wanted to do something different.

    I'm a hobbyist and would like to challenge myself/abilities but there comes a time to cut your losses.

  4. #4
    Board of Directors
    Secretary
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Hmerkle's Avatar
    Nickname
    Hank
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Greer, SC
    Posts
    5,401
    Visit Freq
    5.00 visits/week
    Threads
    292
    Classifieds
    1

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by tdukes View Post
    I know. I'll send those back as well if they are junk. About ready to scrap this project. Really wanted the cathedral doors but not wanting to spend a fortune doing it. I can do a raised panel in a square/rectangular frame, just wanted to do something different.

    I'm a hobbyist and would like to challenge myself/abilities but there comes a time to cut your losses.
    As my old mentor used to tell me "Use the franchise!" maybe there is someone here who has "good" templates that you could "borrow / share shop time" and get the job done?!
    People are amazed as a shaving rises from the throat of a plane as if itís a spell plucked from a sorcererís hand Ė Paul Sellers

  5. The following user says Thank You to Hmerkle for this useful post:


  6. #5
    Co-director of Outreach Corporate Member
    DQ
    golfdad's Avatar
    Nickname
    Dirk (63)
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Clayton, NC
    Posts
    2,720
    Visit Freq
    6.19 visits/week
    Threads
    137
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Eddie try Sommerfeld Tools. Great router bits and accessories togo along with great customer service

  7. The following user says Thank You to golfdad for this useful post:


  8. #6
    Board of Directors
    Treasurer
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    KenOfCary's Avatar
    Nickname
    Ken
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Floyd, VA
    Posts
    7,647
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    513
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Hate to say it, but Peachtree is one of the vendors I no longer use due to their return policies.
    I don't believe in Astrology. I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical.

    "May the grain be with you" - Roy Underhill

  9. The following 2 users say Thank You to KenOfCary :


  10. #7
    Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rougemont, NC
    Posts
    6,882
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    597
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by KenOfCary View Post
    Hate to say it, but Peachtree is one of the vendors I no longer use due to their return policies.
    Which one(s)?

    Returns
    If for any reason you need to exchange or return your item, simply call our customer service representative at (770 ) 458-5539 to receive your return authorization number. Package your item and ship postage pre-paid by customer to: Peachtree Woodworking Supply Inc. 6684 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite 100 Norcross, GA 30071
    Refused Orders by Customers:
    If you decide you do not want an order that has already shipped you can refuse delivery. Once you have refused delivery and the package has been returned to us by the carrier you will be refunded the price of the products shipped minus:

    • Original shipping fees
    • Return shipping fee of $14.95 per box
    • Re-stocking fee of 10% of the order





  11. #8
    Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rougemont, NC
    Posts
    6,882
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    597
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    I know. I'll send those back as well if they are junk. About ready to scrap this project. Really wanted the cathedral doors but not wanting to spend a fortune doing it. I can do a raised panel in a square/rectangular frame, just wanted to do something different.
    OMG, you're a glutton for punishment and you're not even at the starting gate yet! You didn't want to re-order the templates from Infinity (not Eagle) because they're plastic and they may break if you get slippery fingers and drop them.

    Now it's Peachtree Woodworking and their guide system for $110. However, their templates are made from "granular pvc". Is that better than plastic and unbreakable?

    Peachtree:

    All templates are made of Granular PVC and come in 3 poplar styles: Roman Arch, Country and Cathedral.

  12. #9
    Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rougemont, NC
    Posts
    6,882
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    597
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Got to thinking. What to make the the back panel with?
    How about a small piece of beadboard? 1/8"-3/16" t?

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE...-891/205669197

  13. The following user says Thank You to Jeff for this useful post:


  14. #10
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Canuck's Avatar
    Nickname
    Wayne (71)
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    6,831
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    494
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    How about a small piece of beadboard? 1/8"-3/16" t?

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE...-891/205669197
    I have used this faux wainscot on several cabinets. Lightweight,sands and paints easily.

    Wayne
    ..............found out many years ago that Elbow Grease doesn't come in a bottle!!!!

  15. The following user says Thank You to Canuck for this useful post:


  16. #11
    Senior User
    DQ
    tdukes's Avatar
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    403
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    71
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    How about a small piece of beadboard? 1/8"-3/16" t?

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE...-891/205669197
    Hadn't planned to paint it. Wanted to go with a stain. May have to go with red oak. I like beadboard.

    I found this from your link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/House-of...W32O/302755581

    Thanks!!

  17. #12
    Senior User
    DQ
    tdukes's Avatar
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    403
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    71
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    OMG, you're a glutton for punishment and you're not even at the starting gate yet! You didn't want to re-order the templates from Infinity (not Eagle) because they're plastic and they may break if you get slippery fingers and drop them.

    Now it's Peachtree Woodworking and their guide system for $110. However, their templates are made from "granular pvc". Is that better than plastic and unbreakable?

    Peachtree:
    The reviews on Amazon looked pretty good for the Peachtree templates. The ones from Infinity ( https://www.infinitytools.com/catalo.../category/562/) are $220 + oversized shipping charges. I don't get that. I can order a couple 8/4 pieces of hard maple, 48" long and there no oversized shipping charge.

  18. #13
    Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rougemont, NC
    Posts
    6,882
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    597
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    You're not looking at the ones that McRabbet suggested for $60. Your $220 Infinity package includes a lot of router guide stuff like the $110 Peachtree set.

    https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...ed_door_anchor

  19. #14
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    farmerbw's Avatar
    Nickname
    Brian
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,800
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    137
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Which one(s)?

    Returns
    If for any reason you need to exchange or return your item, simply call our customer service representative at (770 ) 458-5539 to receive your return authorization number. Package your item and ship postage pre-paid by customer to: Peachtree Woodworking Supply Inc. 6684 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite 100 Norcross, GA 30071
    Refused Orders by Customers:
    If you decide you do not want an order that has already shipped you can refuse delivery. Once you have refused delivery and the package has been returned to us by the carrier you will be refunded the price of the products shipped minus:

    • Original shipping fees
    • Return shipping fee of $14.95 per box
    • Re-stocking fee of 10% of the order




    Off the bat I'd guess all of them. I had a problem with an order in the past with Peachtree. In my case the item they shipped me wasn't what I ordered or what was on the invoice/packing slip. I was told I'd have to pay to ship the item back and that they wouldn't refund my original shipping cost, only the original item cost. Was cheaper to keep the item since it wasn't a big ticket item. The item I received was cheaper than what I paid for and is still probably sitting in a cabinet somewhere or maybe a landfill. They didn't have that $14.95 per box fee on top of the 10% restocking fee back then though. Seems a bit excessive if you ask me, but they can run their business the way they want and I'll spend my money elsewhere. It's been probably at least 7-8 years now since that order. I also don't think you should have to eat the shipping both ways on a product that wasn't usable as sold. Pretty sure these templates weren't sold as a DIY kit that you finish yourself. If I'm spending money on something I expect it to be usable out of the box or I wouldn't have bought it. Maybe that's expecting too much these days, but I don't think so.

    Edit: I see now that fee and the extra ones are only for refused items. I had to open what I ordered before I found out it was wrong, so it wouldn't have applied to me back, then since I didn't refuse the shipment, if they did have it.

    B
    If there's a New way, I'll be the first in line.
    BUT, it BETTER work this time. Dave Mustaine.


    Games, Furniture, Art, and More.
    www.HouseCreekCreations.com
    Facebook

  20. The following user says Thank You to farmerbw for this useful post:


  21. #15
    Senior User
    DQ
    tdukes's Avatar
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    403
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    71
    Classifieds
    0

    Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

    Got the templates this morning from Peachtree. They are or appear to be perfect. The curves are completely smooth.

Similar Threads

  1. Wall wood for bathroom
    By Rjgooden in forum Wood
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 05:30 AM
  2. Dovetailed Wall Cabinet
    By dancam in forum General Woodworking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 03:29 PM
  3. Bathroom Cabinet Completed
    By Canuck in forum General Woodworking
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 11:20 AM
  4. Bathroom cabinet
    By Imakmst in forum General Woodworking
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-10-2007, 07:23 AM
  5. Wall cabinet size
    By lwhughes149 in forum General Woodworking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •