DQ
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Wall cabinet for bathroom

Been running into more issues than had planned. Hopefully, I can get the cathedral door template thing worked out. I re-ordered a set from Peachtree.

Got to thinking. What to make the the back panel with? Was wanting to build it using white oak and go with white oak plywood but don't want to have to buy a 4' x 8' sheet. A 1/4 sheet would probably be more than enough. I don't think red oak ply would stain and match up. Thought about doing a solid glued up panel but that might add too much weight unless I resaw some stock down to 1/2" or less. Don't want to leave it with an open back.

Any ideas?

TIA

Board of Directors
    Secretary
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Hank
    Visit Freq
    5.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Wall cabinet for bathroom

I will be REALLY curious to see what the Peachtree templates look like - I don't think I would have had the faith to try Peachtree... after the Eagle debacle!
    People are amazed as a shaving rises from the throat of a plane as if itís a spell plucked from a sorcererís hand Ė Paul Sellers

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Hmerkle View Post
    I will be REALLY curious to see what the Peachtree templates look like - I don't think I would have had the faith to try Peachtree... after the Eagle debacle!
    I know. I'll send those back as well if they are junk. About ready to scrap this project. Really wanted the cathedral doors but not wanting to spend a fortune doing it. I can do a raised panel in a square/rectangular frame, just wanted to do something different.

I'm a hobbyist and would like to challenge myself/abilities but there comes a time to cut your losses.

Board of Directors
    Secretary
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Hank
    Visit Freq
    5.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by tdukes View Post
    I know. I'll send those back as well if they are junk. About ready to scrap this project. Really wanted the cathedral doors but not wanting to spend a fortune doing it. I can do a raised panel in a square/rectangular frame, just wanted to do something different.

I'm a hobbyist and would like to challenge myself/abilities but there comes a time to cut your losses.
    As my old mentor used to tell me "Use the franchise!" maybe there is someone here who has "good" templates that you could "borrow / share shop time" and get the job done?!
    People are amazed as a shaving rises from the throat of a plane as if itís a spell plucked from a sorcererís hand Ė Paul Sellers

5. The following user says Thank You to Hmerkle for this useful post:

Co-director of Outreach Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Dirk (63)
    Visit Freq
    6.19 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Eddie try Sommerfeld Tools. Great router bits and accessories togo along with great customer service

7. The following user says Thank You to golfdad for this useful post:

Board of Directors
    Treasurer
    Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Ken
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Hate to say it, but Peachtree is one of the vendors I no longer use due to their return policies.
    I don't believe in Astrology. I'm a Sagittarius and we're skeptical.

"May the grain be with you" - Roy Underhill

9. The following 2 users say Thank You to KenOfCary :

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by KenOfCary View Post
    Hate to say it, but Peachtree is one of the vendors I no longer use due to their return policies.
    Which one(s)?

Returns
    If for any reason you need to exchange or return your item, simply call our customer service representative at (770 ) 458-5539 to receive your return authorization number. Package your item and ship postage pre-paid by customer to: Peachtree Woodworking Supply Inc. 6684 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite 100 Norcross, GA 30071
    Refused Orders by Customers:
    If you decide you do not want an order that has already shipped you can refuse delivery. Once you have refused delivery and the package has been returned to us by the carrier you will be refunded the price of the products shipped minus:

• Original shipping fees
    • Return shipping fee of $14.95 per box
    • Re-stocking fee of 10% of the order

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

OMG, you're a glutton for punishment and you're not even at the starting gate yet! You didn't want to re-order the templates from Infinity (not Eagle) because they're plastic and they may break if you get slippery fingers and drop them.

Now it's Peachtree Woodworking and their guide system for $110. However, their templates are made from "granular pvc". Is that better than plastic and unbreakable?

Peachtree:

All templates are made of Granular PVC and come in 3 poplar styles: Roman Arch, Country and Cathedral.

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Got to thinking. What to make the the back panel with?
    How about a small piece of beadboard? 1/8"-3/16" t?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/EUCATILE...-891/205669197

13. The following user says Thank You to Jeff for this useful post:

Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Wayne (71)
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post

I have used this faux wainscot on several cabinets. Lightweight,sands and paints easily.

Wayne
    ..............found out many years ago that Elbow Grease doesn't come in a bottle!!!!

15. The following user says Thank You to Canuck for this useful post:

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Hadn't planned to paint it. Wanted to go with a stain. May have to go with red oak. I like beadboard.

I found this from your link: https://www.homedepot.com/p/House-of...W32O/302755581

Thanks!!

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

OMG, you're a glutton for punishment and you're not even at the starting gate yet! You didn't want to re-order the templates from Infinity (not Eagle) because they're plastic and they may break if you get slippery fingers and drop them.

Now it's Peachtree Woodworking and their guide system for $110. However, their templates are made from "granular pvc". Is that better than plastic and unbreakable?

Peachtree:
    The reviews on Amazon looked pretty good for the Peachtree templates. The ones from Infinity ( https://www.infinitytools.com/catalo.../category/562/) are $220 + oversized shipping charges. I don't get that. I can order a couple 8/4 pieces of hard maple, 48" long and there no oversized shipping charge.

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

You're not looking at the ones that McRabbet suggested for $60. Your $220 Infinity package includes a lot of router guide stuff like the $110 Peachtree set.

https://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shop...ed_door_anchor

Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Brian
    Visit Freq
    7.00 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Which one(s)?

Returns
    If for any reason you need to exchange or return your item, simply call our customer service representative at (770 ) 458-5539 to receive your return authorization number. Package your item and ship postage pre-paid by customer to: Peachtree Woodworking Supply Inc. 6684 Jimmy Carter Blvd. Suite 100 Norcross, GA 30071
    Refused Orders by Customers:
    If you decide you do not want an order that has already shipped you can refuse delivery. Once you have refused delivery and the package has been returned to us by the carrier you will be refunded the price of the products shipped minus:

• Original shipping fees
    • Return shipping fee of $14.95 per box
    • Re-stocking fee of 10% of the order

Off the bat I'd guess all of them. I had a problem with an order in the past with Peachtree. In my case the item they shipped me wasn't what I ordered or what was on the invoice/packing slip. I was told I'd have to pay to ship the item back and that they wouldn't refund my original shipping cost, only the original item cost. Was cheaper to keep the item since it wasn't a big ticket item. The item I received was cheaper than what I paid for and is still probably sitting in a cabinet somewhere or maybe a landfill. They didn't have that $14.95 per box fee on top of the 10% restocking fee back then though. Seems a bit excessive if you ask me, but they can run their business the way they want and I'll spend my money elsewhere. It's been probably at least 7-8 years now since that order. I also don't think you should have to eat the shipping both ways on a product that wasn't usable as sold. Pretty sure these templates weren't sold as a DIY kit that you finish yourself. If I'm spending money on something I expect it to be usable out of the box or I wouldn't have bought it. Maybe that's expecting too much these days, but I don't think so.

Edit: I see now that fee and the extra ones are only for refused items. I had to open what I ordered before I found out it was wrong, so it wouldn't have applied to me back, then since I didn't refuse the shipment, if they did have it.

B
    If there's a New way, I'll be the first in line.
    BUT, it BETTER work this time. Dave Mustaine.

Games, Furniture, Art, and More.
    www.HouseCreekCreations.com
    Facebook

20. The following user says Thank You to farmerbw for this useful post:

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Eddie
    Visit Freq
    6.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Got the templates this morning from Peachtree. They are or appear to be perfect. The curves are completely smooth.