DQ
    Nickname
    Scott
    Visit Freq
    5.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Re: Sawstop - stil stopped

I love a happy ending. STUFF does happen. What separates the good from the bad is how they deal with it the STUFF. Yes some times it takes more time then we want and a few phone calls but I am glad it worked out.
    Maker of fine saw dust
    Scott

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
    - Lou Holtz-

3. The following user says Thank You to ScottM for this useful post:

Senior User
    Nickname
    Chris
    Visit Freq
    4.19 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by Newboy View Post
    They swapped it out for a new one. What more should they have done ... shoot the manager?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They shouldnt have dragged their feet. And drag their feet they did. Its supposed to be a premium product with premium support one would expect. I am curious though, who has to disassemble your old one, box it up and see to it that it gets shipped? Is Sawstop going to do all of that?. Or do you have to load it on a truck or trailer and go get the new one at Klingspor too?

5. The following user says Thank You to chris_goris for this useful post:

Administrator Corporate Member
    DQ
    Nickname
    Mark (62)
    Visit Freq
    6.88 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by chris_goris View Post
    They shouldnt have dragged their feet. And drag their feet they did. Its supposed to be a premium product with premium support one would expect. I am curious though, who has to disassemble your old one, box it up and see to it that it gets shipped? Is Sawstop going to do all of that?. Or do you have to load it on a truck or trailer and go get the new one at Klingspor too?
    Quote Originally Posted by petebucy4638 View Post
    Sawstop authorized swapping out a new saw for the defective. Klingspor is going to supply the replacement saw and facilitate shipping the defective saw back to Sawstop.

I have no complaints about how Sawstop or Klingspor handled this situation.

Pete
    There you go.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

User
    Nickname
    Bruce
    Visit Freq
    5.50 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

If you are happy, then everybody SHOULD be happy, because you were the "only one with a dog in this fight."

8. The following user says Thank You to junquecol for this useful post:

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I think that it worked out well.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    It sounds like everything worked out.
    Pete - KD4CQZ

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I am very satisfied with how both Klingspor and Sawstop handled this matter.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I love a happy ending. STUFF does happen. What separates the good from the bad is how they deal with it the STUFF. Yes some times it takes more time then we want and a few phone calls but I am glad it worked out.
    Pete - KD4CQZ

Senior User
    Nickname
    Jeff
    Visit Freq
    6.92 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

Can we stop "whining" about Saw Stop and Klingspor now? Pete did a fine job negotiating the fix with a lot of patience.

I'd buy a Saw Stop if I wanted one despite the vilification of them here.

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

The problem that my new Sawstop saw experienced is a newly-emerging issues that the tech said Sawstop had not see before. It appears to be limited to a production batch of 100 saws, or at least the complaints that they have seen so far all come from this batch. So far, Sawstops engineers have not been able to figure out what is causing the fault. That is why they were so interested in having my saw shipped back to them. They want to isolate the problem and fix the problem. The last thing that Sawstop wants if for this issue to start rearing its head on a new batch of saws.

Late today I removed the fence, fence tube and the rails. The extension table was take off too. It took about 90 minutes to disassemble it to this point and to arrange the parts for reassembly. Coleman and Mike from Klingspor called me this morning, offering to swap the saws out today. Unfortunately, I had appointments that would make the swap today impossible. Klingspor is sending one of their trucks to my home on Monday to pick up the old saw and drop off the new one. Klingspor is taking care of packing and shipping the old saw back to Sawstop.

If I had been able to be home today, I'd probably be in the garage right now calibrating the new saw.

In my book, that is pretty good service from both Klingspor and from Sawstop.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by chris_goris View Post
    Pete - KD4CQZ

13. The following 3 users say Thank You to petebucy4638 :

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I think that both Klingspor and Sawstop crafted a very consumer friendly solution to the problem with my Sawstop cabinet saw. Mike and Coleman went out of their way to check serial numbers of the saws that they had in inventory to make certain that I did not get another saw from the same batch as the saw that is being returned to Sawstop.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Can we stop "whining" about Saw Stop and Klingspor now? Pete did a fine job negotiating the fix with a lot of patience.

I'd buy a Saw Stop if I wanted one despite the vilification of them here.
    Pete - KD4CQZ

Senior User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Frank
    Visit Freq
    6.88 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

In the final analysis, it all ended well for you. I commend you for "keeping your cool" during this time and do think you proved that by doing so, you saved yourself a lot of aggravation. It also seems that Sawstop as well as Klingspor handled it properly. However, if the Sawstop tech right from the start told you they guarantee they will either repair it or send out a new one you would have felt better right from the start. You probably weren't the first owner of a saw from the "defective batch" to have this complaint but wasn't told of this until a couple of calls later if what I read is correct.

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

When I said "emerging issue" previous posts, that appears to be exactly what Sawstop was experiencing. The first tech had heard nothing about the fault until he received a call back a couple of days later from a Sawstop engineer. The second tech was better informed, probably because he had the advantage of being in direct contact with the engineer who was working on a similar problem on a saw from the same batch as mine. As the problem with my saw defied traditional Sawstop diagnostic tests, it was becoming clear that the usual components that might cause this sort of problem were not to blame.

This was a batch of 100 saws. Undoubtedly quite a few of them are still sitting in inventory of Sawstops many authorized sales locations. There may only be a very few number in the hands of consumers at this point. Another factor is that my saw ran just fine for over a month. There are probably other saws with the same fault that I experienced that are still running well and that may or may not fail in the future.

I don't think that either of the techs at Sawstop thought that the fault was going to be the enigma that it turned out to be.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by frankc4113 View Post
    In the final analysis, it all ended well for you. I commend you for "keeping your cool" during this time and do think you proved that by doing so, you saved yourself a lot of aggravation. It also seems that Sawstop as well as Klingspor handled it properly. However, if the Sawstop tech right from the start told you they guarantee they will either repair it or send out a new one you would have felt better right from the start. You probably weren't the first owner of a saw from the "defective batch" to have this complaint but wasn't told of this until a couple of calls later if what I read is correct.
    Pete - KD4CQZ

User
    Nickname
    jeff
    Visit Freq
    1.81 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I wonder what is different about the saws in your s#batch than other "batches"?

User
    DQ
    Nickname
    Pete
    Visit Freq
    1.85 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

The tech at Sawstop didn't say what, if anything, was different with my batch of saws.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by cfield60 View Post
    I wonder what is different about the saws in your s#batch than other "batches"?
    Pete - KD4CQZ

User
    Nickname
    jeff
    Visit Freq
    1.81 visits/week
    Threads
    Classifieds

I've always heard that you shouldn't buy a car that was assembled on a Monday or a Friday, maybe that goes for Saw Stop tablesaws also, LOL. :-)