Your Thoughts on DeWalt 734 vs 735 Planer

KurtB

Kurt
Corporate Member
Thanks guys. Great advice. Looks like it will be the 735. Thanks Dave, I have been thinking about deals showing up around the coming holidays.
I work in my garage and will be plugging this into one of the standard wall outlets that I run my table saw, miter saw, etc. off of. I'm assuming it will work fine? I'll check, but I believe the breakers are 15 or 20 amp. I won't be running a ton of stock through it and won't be taking heavy passes.

demondeacon

Dave
Senior User
I assume the shipping costs are not cheap as the unit weights about 70 pounds. Forgot to mention that Tools Plus here in Wilmington retails the Dewalt planer but does not keep it in stock. The owner has told me he can get it delivered to his store in 2 or 3 days. Not sure he will be able to match any special holiday deals by the big retailers but he may, and this would enable you to save the freight costs.

KurtB

Kurt
Corporate Member
I assume the shipping costs are not cheap as the unit weights about 70 pounds. Forgot to mention that Tools Plus here in Wilmington retails the Dewalt planer but does not keep it in stock. The owner has told me he can get it delivered to his store in 2 or 3 days. Not sure he will be able to match any special holiday deals by the big retailers but he may, and this would enable you to save the freight costs.
Thanks Dave. I'll definitely check that out. Not too far from me.

bs7584

Brad
Corporate Member
I have had my 735 for 5 years and installed a helical cutter head 2 years ago. I love it for hobby work and it meets my needs 98% of the time. If I need to plane a wider board, I have access to a friends 20in.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
735 is a very good machine. Had mine now 7 years with no issues. I've heard some mention it pops breakers. This is true but there's a reason. Either the knives are dull or the depth cut is too deep causing machine to strain. I upgraded mine with the Helical head. Very smooth and about 3 decimals quieter. Can't go wrong with the 735 either way.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
IIRC, the 734 weighs 80 lbs, and the 735 about 105.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS