Yet another pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I can't take credit for this design. I have seen it several places, but I saw it on a pen making DVD. It is made from a regular slimline kit, removing the centerband.

slimline-no-centerband.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice! I like the all wood look, plus the sliver tip and clip. I've never been a big fan of brass/gold. Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
I like the pen! With the top "fatter" did you use a step bushing - or did you not need one because the "band" is part of the blank? Did you use one of the wire things to make the stripes?

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice work Clay.:icon_thum I haven't seen a modification like that done with the slimline kit. Does the top overlap the bottom barrel or are they just butted together?

D L

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Just make the bottom piece a little longer than the standard slimline kit tube (about 5/16"). This leaves a little bit of the wood "unsupported" by brass. Not sure if that is good, probally not terrible, but not as good as using a longer tube to begin with. The nib end should be flush, the twist mechism goes into the "bare" wood end. The cap is standard tube size. by removing the centerband, you can make the middle piece any width you want. They just butt up against each other. As I said before, I got this off of a video, not my idea. I'm as creative as a rock. I can duplicate alot, but create little :lol:.

Be on the lookout, I am going to offer both my DVDs up for loan after the first of the year, first asker gets em first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS