Yellow Pine, spalted poplar, cypress and white oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayszs

New User
Zack
If anyone is interested I intend to begin milling down an old growth yellow pine log next weekend. The plan is to cut 12/4 live edge slabs and some 24/4 mantles a/o beams in widths up to 36"
Next on the list will be some nicely spalted poplar, plan is to cut similar sizes in widths up to 14".
At some point I also will be milling 4 cypress logs but I haven't decided how to cut them as of yet.
For the wood turners I have some white oak and black walnut chucks with amazing figure with heartwood approximately 16" in diameter.
I also have a few decent sized Walnut cookies in the shop that have been drying for 3-4 months.

If anyone is interested or wants a specific cut let me know.

mayszs

New User
Zack
I turned this out of a small chunk of the poplar.
20150119_200518.jpg

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Zack,
I'm not sure how far apart we are but black walnut and spalted poplar definitely caught my attention. Let me know what you have and when it's available.I believe I might need to make a trip up to Raleigh next weekend so will be in your neighborhood at some point of the trip.
Greg

mayszs

New User
Zack
I was planning to cut the pine first because its partially blocking access to the poplar but I'll see what I can do. Hopefully it doesnt rain again this weekend!!

mayszs

New User
Zack
I'm not a professional logger or lumber supplier, just a woodworker with a surplus of trees and some large chainsaws. The price
would depend on thickness and width but PM me an offer and see if we can come to an agreement.
If you don't have the time to let it dry there is a guy in Maysville that mills lumber and frequently has it stacked in various stages of air drying.

mayszs

New User
Zack
I'm asking $1/bf for anything 5/4-8/4 up to 22" wide and up to 10ish feet long.
If you need wider slabs (I have one old pine that is between 3 and 4 feet in diameter), beams, posts, ect the cost would be based on difficulty and dimensions.
This is some of the pine I was cutting yesterday and I already have another log prepped for this morning.
20150214_160524-768x1024.jpg

Attachments

• 20150214_135930-1024x768.jpg
    20150214_135930-1024x768.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 169

dustin510

New User
Dustin
I'm asking $1/bf for anything 5/4-8/4 up to 22" wide and up to 10ish feet long.
If you need wider slabs (I have one old pine that is between 3 and 4 feet in diameter), beams, posts, ect the cost would be based on difficulty and dimensions.

I would love to maybe get my hands on a ~3' wide slab, 8/4 (12/4 preferably) by ~8'. What sort of bf price would that be? PM me if you need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS