Y'all want pics? I'll give you pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
The floor looks way too clean! But I guess the bigger shavings from the hand planes are easier to clean up.

Nice shop setup though!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great start on the shop :icon_thum
And it appears to be heated/cooled, man I'm jealous :jealous:

Roger

AAAndrew

New User
Andrew
The floor looks way too clean! But I guess the bigger shavings from the hand planes are easier to clean up.

Nice shop setup though!

That's the advantage of choosing when to take your pictures. The plastic (I'm sorry, engineered) floor also makes it really easy to sweep up. And yeah, not so much dust as shavings and chips. Actually dust is rare enough that I it took me a while to save up a jar full for use as filler. All my sawing is with handsaws, which is a whole lot like work, especially ripping, so I try and plan carefully to do as little big sawing as possible. I also tend to buy my lumber dimensioned close to the final dimensions these days as I have less time to muck about. You make a choice, is it worth the extra money to spend more time building and less time getting the wood square, straight, flat and to size. I enjoy the work at times, but I'd rather be cutting joinery. :gar-Bi

I'm hoping sometime soon to take some of my finishing supplies (like jars and rags and stuff) that can stand the cold and put them out in the attic and get rid of one of the shelves at the end of my bench. That will give me a little more room to maneuver around the bench.

Workshops are like gardens, they're never really done. :roll:

AAAndrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS