Ya'll think about me tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
We are due for a big snow in this area and I am betting we are gonna get it. Some of you have seen me post that I work at Cone Hospital. We all know hospitals do not shut down for bad weather and I am going to have to travel in this mess to Greensboro tomorrow afternoon. The truck is 4wd and will make it but the drive will not be fun :no: and probably less fun coming home at midnight.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
We are due for a big snow in this area and I am betting we are gonna get it. Some of you have seen me post that I work at Cone Hospital. We all know hospitals do not shut down for bad weather and I am going to have to travel in this mess to Greensboro tomorrow afternoon. The truck is 4wd and will make it but the drive will not be fun :no: and probably less fun coming home at midnight.

Think I would find me an empty bed at the hospital!!! Or least a spot on the floor in the linen closet.

Jerry

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Ditto what Jerry said!:icon_thum

Don't take any chances out there. Even though you may be ok with 4WD there are idiots out there that can ruin your day.

Be safe.

Bryan S

Bryan
Think I would find me an empty bed at the hospital!!! Or least a spot on the floor in the linen closet.

Jerry

That would be the smart thing to do but I am going to let the nurses have that option. They are the ones that have the toughest job.

Dragon

New User
David
Ditto what Jerry said!:icon_thum

Don't take any chances out there. Even though you may be ok with 4WD there are idiots out there that can ruin your day.

Be safe.

What he said +10. Didn't even have anything on the roads here this afternoon and the goons wee already out there. As I type this, I've got about 2" on the porch and coming down heavy.

cskipper

Cathy
Take care. I work at Greer Memorial Hospital - but am off on weekends. I'm staying close in case I need to go in.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Common misconception = 4wd helps on snow and ice. Only thing that works is common sense! Stay at the hospital!!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Hang in there Brian! Keep everything running! You're the most important person in the hospital during times like this. Nobody can function in the cold or dark.

In March of '93 we had a big snow storm in Asheville and staff went into work at Mission Hospital on a Friday morning. Couldn't leave until the following Tuesday because of the blizzard and nobody could get in to replace them. Amazing teamwork. Only real problems were running out of clean linen and portable Oxygen tanks. We got the National Guard to break into the National Welders and Air Products storage areas on Sweeten Creek Rd. and acquisition some. Staff showers were outlawed after Saturday because the patients needed the towels. Deodorant and toothpaste were in very short supply. Interesting conditions to say the least. Thank goodness the generators never had any problems and the medical gas system didn't run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS