Y'all knew it was coming....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
A dawg bowl feeder... really helps to reduce the gas, and that is a very good thing.
Here's my version -

Dog_feeder_009.jpg

Dog_feeder_007.jpg

Solid Walnut, 4 side tapered legs (a first, it's always good to practice on something small), BLO finish for right now, but planning a lot of Poly as soon as the BLO cures.

Thanks for lookin'
Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Make one for me

Please make one for me....NC Scroller hasn't learned to make dawg stuff yet. :help:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Good lookin' feeder, Dave. Just one thing. How'd it help your gas? (I noticed at the picnic you had a problem!)

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOW DaveO! My dining room table ain't that nice!:eek:

That new puppy doesn't know how good he has it!:wsmile:

Very, very nice indeed! (You've been makin' some sawdust and chewin' up some serious wood this weekend!!!!:thumbs_up)

(Oh ya. Saw your post on the Kreg bit. I am sure that you know this but, for another $4 or so you can buy the Kreg mini jig, depth stop collar and bit, over just the drill bit itself.:dontknow: Just can't figure out that pricing at all?:dontknow:)

That sure is nice looking walnut! (My hound did well to get poplar about 2 years ago!:rolf:)

Looks like you "nailed it" again, Dave!

Nice work!:eusa_danc

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good lookin' feeder, Dave. Just one thing. How'd it help your gas? (I noticed at the picnic you had a problem!)

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Aww man, I was trying to be discrete. Those Horseradish eggs get me every time :BangHead::BangHead:

Dave:5badair:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Nice feeder Dave. Not many dogs I know have a feeder that looks that nice. You can really crank out the projects when you get in the shop can't you.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great job Dave - How big is this dog by the way?

I would say he stands about 3' tall (on all fours) and probably weights around a 100 lbs. He's a big ol' yellow Lab, probably about 8 years old with a head like a bumper on an old Chevy. The table is 15" high, and that seems to be the norm for large breed feeders.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Good job DaveO! I've made two of them so far!

Yeah, I checked out your gallery for some inspirations. The one with the turned legs is outstanding, but more than I am willing to do for a Dawg that really won't appreciate it :roll:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
work slow dave?:gar-La; you knockin out the projects lately. them elves are gonna strike if n ya aint keerfull! nice jod and the dog will appreciate it more than you know.:icon_thum I got a lebistro for mine! it holds about 20 LBS at a time!:rotflm: she empties it out 3 or 4 times a month!:cool: that darned dog eats better than I do.:rolf:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow, nice feeder! You better get that poly on before using it, nothing destroys wood like dog slobber! I made some simple bowl holders out of plywood, dumb me finished it with salad bowl finish, worried about the dogs ingesting finish and getting sick. My dogs could lick led radiation paint off a house and merrily keep trotting. With the exception of joint problems, they're indestructible.

What kind of jig do you use to taper the legs?

J

jeff...

The elves forgot to carve the aprons - take away their food rats ions for a few days give them only bread and water. :rotflm:

Dave that's one nice feeder man:thumbs_up your spoiling up that pup - your my kinda guy. My pup (12 human years old) thinks he's my best friend. I suspect soon your's will think the same.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I hope your dining table looks as good as the dawg bowl holder, else you will be banished to the shop to build LOYL a new dining suite. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors