WTB incra miter gauge

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Have you looked at MiterSet? It's a gauge for setting your existing miter gauge dead-on accurately. Built like Aerospace hardware and allows settings to 1/2 degree increments. Using these only requires placing pins into the desired holes for the angle desired, and then placing your miter gauge against the pins and locking it in place. Then placing it on your table saw.

A second version of the gauge allows setting your miter gauge for the angles needed to make segmented circles. You just select how many segments and it does the rest. Some of these angles need to be accurate out to 3 decimal places for a perfect fit. This gauge does it without the calculations.

I use my OEM Delta miter gauge and set it up with the MiterSet for my needed angle cuts. The only requirement is that your miter gauge needs an 3/4 X 3/8 bar that fits your table saw miter slot accurately.

MiterSet Package Set For Table Saws You can buy just one or the package of both.

Charley

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Have you looked at MiterSet? It's a gauge for setting your existing miter gauge dead-on accurately. Built like Aerospace hardware and allows settings to 1/2 degree increments. Using these only requires placing pins into the desired holes for the angle desired, and then placing your miter gauge against the pins and locking it in place. Then placing it on your table saw.

A second version of the gauge allows setting your miter gauge for the angles needed to make segmented circles. You just select how many segments and it does the rest. Some of these angles need to be accurate out to 3 decimal places for a perfect fit. This gauge does it without the calculations.

I use my OEM Delta miter gauge and set it up with the MiterSet for my needed angle cuts. The only requirement is that your miter gauge needs an 3/4 X 3/8 bar that fits your table saw miter slot accurately.

MiterSet Package Set For Table Saws You can buy just one or the package of both.

Charley
Thanks chaley i'll read into this already have miter express sled what the reasoning behind incra

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
The Incra miter gauges,, and other brands give you the ability to set them in fixed degree increments. The MiterSet degree gauge gets you 1/2 degree increments and perfect degree calibration.

When cutting segments of a circle, the math required to determine the correct degree setting for the miter gauge is sometimes quite involved and can be out to 3 decimal places of degrees when perfect cuts are desired. The MiterSet Segments gauge lets you set your miter gauge based on the number of segments that you want in your segmented circle, with no math required at all. Just place the pins in the correct holes for the desired number of segments of your full circle and set your miter gauge in the gauge and against the pins, Then lock the miter gauge in that position. As long as you use a stop to get every piece cut the same length, your segmented cuts will form into a perfect circle with no gaps between the mating pieces.

Charley

Jclrk

Jclrk
Corporate Member
Thanks for the offer already have the express sled think Chris is going to be able to help me out that's a good price tho

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS