Would you meet for a meal at a different time or place?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
It seems like our Greensboro lunch has slowly lost attendance. So I was wondering if more people could come at a different time and/or place.

If you would like to meet other wood working folks in the area but during lunch or at the moose is inconvenient then what works for you?

Cooking out at someone's home or shop?

A different restaurant?

A different time?

Weekend?

A rotation schedule of going to different places?

Suggestions?

wooduser

New User
Lecil
Mike, I would like to come but the third Thursday presents a problem for me. If the day could be switched to another day I would be able to come more regularly. The time and location are okay.

Lecil

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
At this time of year, it's difficult to carve out that much time away from the office. Even if we meet somewhere around Hanes Mall, I'd be hard pressed to commit. Maybe we should try a weekend meetup, and see how that goes.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll throw this out there, maybe we try a new place and maybe shake up the the day of the week. For me this week I'm working in Winston and may not be able to get away.

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
Except for Thursday’s I am flexible. I have a standing volunteer job on Thursdays and would attend more often if the meet were on any other day.
Moose works for me since It is a central location.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lately, I'm finding myself in Raleigh on Wednesdays, making it hard to get to Greensboro on Thursdays. It's a 45-min drive each way so I can't make it very often.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Thursdays not good for me, software deployments are not allowed on Fri and always get pushed to Thursday. Time and location are fine

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Wednesdays are not good for me, nor are weekends. For the last several months, even Thursdays have been out because of my wife's doctor appointments, which should no longer be the issue after this month. The Moose Cafe is OK, I do like the food. Even better would be some place closer to me would be nice, since the Moose Cafe is 80 miles each way for me.

Charley

ralitaco

Jim
Senior User
I'm new here so I am not familiar with your Greensboro lunch thing, but it sounds like it is a monthly thing in the Greensboro/Winston area.
For me, I live near Wilmington so 3.5 hours is a bit of a haul. Since this is an NC group, perhaps you could travel around some. Maybe once every 3 months you go to a different region on a Saturday. That would allow you to still do your "normal" thing 8 months of the year. You could try to coordinate it with a local festival or craft fair so you have more to do than just eat lunch and go home.
Of course, if you do choose this option, I would suggest the Wilmington area be on the list.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jim, you (or anyone) can also start a lunch group in the Wilmington area

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lately, I'm finding myself in Raleigh on Wednesdays, making it hard to get to Greensboro on Thursdays. It's a 45-min drive each way so I can't make it very often.

I re-read that comment this morning and realized how the two statements are not related. I would need a 2.5 hr lunch break to make it to Greensboro on any day of the week, but on Thursdays, I work from home.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS