Workshop Project: cutting gage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/tools-for-inlay-latta-slicing-gauge-

Here's an address someone sent to me that looks similar to what we would do in the workshop. I think the added satisfaction of building it would make it even more of a pleasure to own.

I'm kind of surprised there has not been a thread or folder requesting photos of home made tools??

1-21_aug_2017_009.JPG

glue_moons_3_.JPG

glue_moons_5_.JPG

tools_and_brass_017.JPG

347699-438x.jpg

Just a few of the modified tools I made for the job. The little half moon to hold the pipe clamps is the handiest tool to have around for glue up and they take up no space while stored.

Its easy for me to tell how much work a person is doing by the templates and homemade tools I see in their shop. Many woodworkers are impressed with shops that look like surgical operating rooms.. I love innovation and ways to get it done more efficiently. Maybe a thread some day??​

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Thanks for posting pictures of some of your homemade tools. That cam operated long reach clamp looks exactly like the solution to a problem I was having this past week!

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'd be interested, depending on the date and place. Plus, I'd be willing to donate $30 to NCWW, plus pay for the materials.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I'd be interested, depending on the date and place. Plus, I'd be willing to donate $30 to NCWW, plus pay for the materials.

Thank you for your interest and sponsoring the forum. I will post more as things get more organized.

Till then

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
For your consideration. I had scheduled a second hybrid lumber milling class on August 25, but there has been zero interest - odd since the first class filled up quickly and had a wait list - but the second class is a bust. So I have an open shop that could be used for this.
I also have a chunk of sycamore that might work well. It is about 30" x 7" x 3". Just sitting there so it might as well be made into something useful.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
if phils shop should become unavailable mine is an alternative.:thumbs_up just need a little advanced notice so's I can clean it up a bit.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Ok, may Dan and I have August 25 for a workshop in Raleigh ??

OK Phil lets start out with 25 August as a date in Raleigh.

A class of 6 and a running Wait List. Rules of engagement: make a 20.00 deposit to be put on the list. We will keep a Wait List in the event we have drops. Materials and lunch on arrival 10-15.00

I would like to have the same workshop up in Liberty. Bill Clemmons has generously offered to host a gathering. I will get up with Bill and see if we can get 2 lists going and make it a little easier for the folks a little further west.

Thanks Bill and Phil

Last edited:

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
August 25th works for me although I will need to find a campground nearby to reserve a site for my 25 foot travel trailer to drive down on Friday and leave Sunday since it is about a 5 hour drive. As for a $20 deposit, I'd like to make a $30 donation to the NCWW, will that suffice?

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
August 25th works for me although I will need to find a campground nearby to reserve a site for my 25 foot travel trailer to drive down on Friday and leave Sunday since it is about a 5 hour drive. As for a $20 deposit, I'd like to make a $30 donation to the NCWW, will that suffice?

Standby for a couple more days. We might have a gathering in Liberty and that would be closer and maybe easier for you? We'll work with you to get it done.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
August 25th in Liberty would work for me to drive down from Richmond. Count me in if there's room.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
August 25th in Liberty would work for me to drive down from Richmond. Count me in if there's room.

I can not be in Raleigh and Liberty on the same day.

Waiting to hear from Bill on dates he can host at his shop in Liberty. Again, 25 Aug is off the calendar in Liberty for now.

dan

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I've sent a PM to Dan w/ all the dates available at my shop for him to choose from.

In the meantime I'll start a list of everyone who is interested and which location/date they prefer.

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Sorry - missed the post about Raleigh being confirmed for the 25th. I can get to Raleigh assuming I get the household permissions from around here.

What's the process for making the deposit to get on the list? I've not done this before.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Here is a updated, tentative list I have so far by going through all the post in this thread. If I have you down by mistake, or if I missed someone, please let me know. Also, if you have a preference for either location, please let us know. The date for Liberty has not been selected yet.

User NameNickname
GraywolfRichard
David JusticeDavid
BertaBerta
jlimeyJeff
HmerkleHank
Jim WallaceJim
bowmanNeal
McRabbetRob
meredjJesse
Michael MathewsMichael

Last edited:

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
I can make the Aug 25th workshop in Raleigh.

Later Edit: Sorry, but I won't be able to attend this workshop after all. Please remove my name from the attendee list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS