Working with Veneer

chrisouten

New User
ChrisO
Hey all. I'm in the middle of a kitchen renovation and one of my next projects is going to be updating the kitchen island. We have decided to put a white oak veneer on it instead of just ripping it up and making a whole new kitchen island. I just have a couple of questions before I really get started as I have never worked with veneer before
  • Where do you usually purchase veneer? I was just planning on getting it from Rockler since I can get the PSA in full 4x8 sheets for a pretty decent price and I have a gift certificate there as well. But I'm open to other suggestions.
  • Is PSA veneer going to be okay for a kitchen island? From what I have read most people use it in kitchens with no issues. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience
  • Finally, any "gotchas" I should be aware of that aren't often stated in instructions or tutorial videos. It seems pretty straight forward with the only difficult part really being the face frame.
Thanks everyone.

Bill E

Bill
User
Try Joe’s veneers .HE has iron on as well as using veneer glue .Quick delivery, and provides plenty of instructions . On-line sales only , have been ordering for5 years or more no problems Bill E

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Hard to make any specific recommendations without seeing what's being veneered.
VeneerSupplies.com (maybe that's the same as Joes veneers). I've bought a lot of veneers there and always great quality.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
If you are near one of the Klingspor stores, they have PSA in 4x8, as well as some smaller sizes.

chrisouten

New User
ChrisO
Sorry the delay here. The cabinets I believe have a layer of poly on them. I have attached a few pictures for reference. Unfortunately I'm on a bit of time crunch so I think I'm just going to get the veneers from Capital City Lumber. I went by Klingspor and unfortunately they didn't have 4x8 sheets in the type I wanted.

Attachments

• 20230606_183400355_iOS.png
    20230606_183400355_iOS.png
    19.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230606_183411062_iOS.png
    20230606_183411062_iOS.png
    20.2 MB · Views: 55

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Veneersupplies.com usually ships the same day if ordered by 4pm. Usually takes 1-3 days to get.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors