working my way up

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Below are a couple of bowls? I have made. Both are about 2 1/2 " diameter and about 1" tall. The one on the left is mahagony and the right is bradford pear. I guess that small may be something other than a bowl but at least the idea is the same.

Attachments

• bowls.jpg
    bowls.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Gary,

The bowls are VERY nice. I think being able to make them in a mini size is really cool. What kind of a finish do you put on them?

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those are really nice. If you hadn't mentioned the size I would have thought of them as larger. You got the side walls very thin...impressive. Most of my bowls come out fairly thick, 'cause I am chicken :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Nice...they are very pretty...next up salad bowls?

I have yet to try a bowl...gotta work on that :)

Chris

Monty

New User
Monty
I think being able to make them in a mini size is really cool.

hehehe... he didn't mention how big they were going to be before they turned into 1" tall bowls, did he?!?!? :lol: Gary, the bowls really do look nice, but if your technique is anything like mine, the final size is usually dictated by impromptu (often abrupt) "design modifications"! ;-)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Great looking bowls. 12 x 12 x4 man that is a large pile of shavings or a lot of saw dust if you sanded to that size. :rolf: :rotflm:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Gary they are perfectly shaped and well finished bowls :eusa_clap

What more could you ask for?

Roger

SSuther

New User
Stan
I think this is a case of just cutting away everything that isn't bowl. You just have to keep turning to see what is the shape and size that the bowl "wants to be!"

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great looking bowls Gary.:icon_thum As Dave mentioned, had you not told us the size I would have thought they were much bigger.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors