Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gregw007

Does anyone know where I can find a used workbench?? I could build one, but would love to find one that someone is willing to sell. Thanks!

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Sorry Greg, I don't have one either. Building a nice workbench is one of those "rights of passage" things I haven't achieved yet. I might hang out in front of Insom's house though and wait for the UPS man to drop off that new Veritas twin screw end vise he ordered. That way I can secure it for him in case he isn't home and get a head start on building a bench of my own.

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
D L Ames said:
I might hang out in front of Insom's house ... blah, blah, blah...
Great! I've got a penguin with a strap-on SRB with your name on it! :mrgreen:

By the way, I also don't know anyone with a WB for sale. When I get finished making mine, you're welcome to come pick up my old one!

IMG_5407.sized.jpg

Oh, and WELCOME ... ABOARD!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice offer Insom :!:
If it includes the jig on the bottom shelf I'll be waiting at your door until you finish the workbench:tounge_sm

Greg,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the workbench. :mrgreen:

Sapwood

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I can see it now...

Sapwood: "Are you done yet?"
Insom: "No"

Bill Julson

New User
Update your profile with your name
Greg

I really lucked out and found one at the flea market...Did a double take when I walked by...Great shape with twin vises...built in '78, but really good condition. The price was even better, $125 & I snapped it up. It was just one of those things....(think there was a song by that name:cool: )
I am too new to woodworking to attempt a bench, but more power to you if can build one....I have seen maple bench tops at Griz and the price seemed right. Good luck..

Bill

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
It came u p with a blank search for that site. Serach the site and about 7 Ulmia workbenches will come up. Look pretty nice.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
OK, I finally got it to work. I wonder what those benches retail for? Anyone heading to PA anytime soon?

D L

male_man

New User
Reg
those benches retale for about $1600 to $1800 according if you get the cabnets under it or not. But they are a very well made bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors