Work Sharp ws3000 @ Hartville tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I just bought a Work Sharp ws3000 w/ free leather honing kit and free extra glass wheel for $170 delivered.

Worksharp ws3000 $199.99

Leather honing kit +
extra Glass wheel
($49.98 value) free

shipping free

Woodnet discount 15% -$30.00
(Woodnet15 in comment window)

Total $169.99

This deal is good until 1/31/09

http://www.hartvilletool.com/product/12501

Good Luck.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's a GREAT deal. I've seen the WS3000 go as low as $150, but the leather honing kit and extra wheel are worth $40 (when on sale). So, BUY BUY BUY! This thing should have been called Sharpening For Dummies :)

:tool:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Bas,

After watching you at Klingspor last year during your demonstrations:icon_thum, I've been waiting to pull the trigger on one. Santa money from the Inlaws and this deal were too much to bear.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Enabler, now I gotta ask permission:eusa_pray:eusa_pray:eusa_pray

Glennbear

Glenn
My avatar picture was taken at the same Klingspor event, what is not seen is Jimmy in the background with a mesmerized expression on his face watching Bas demo the machine :gar-La; Congratulations Jimmy, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to add one to your shop arsenal :wsmile:

lottathought

New User
Michael
Hey Jimmy
I ordered and used the woodnet code.
I put it in the coupon section and also put it in the Comments section.
My receipt does not show the 15% discount.
Where did you get confirmation that you got the discount?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Jimmy
I ordered and used the woodnet code.
I put it in the coupon section and also put it in the Comments section.
My receipt does not show the 15% discount.
Where did you get confirmation that you got the discount?

AFAIK, the 15% discount has to be applied manually and will only show-up on your CC statement. They will just charge your CC the total amount less the 15% disc.

Dave:)

lottathought

New User
Michael
Thanks Dave
I was thinking that the code was not working any longer.
I wonder why they don't just let you apply it as a coupon since they have the feature.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Update !
I've been informed that the woodnet discount does not work when there are freebies added in. Either way, it seems like a good deal and I'm still happy.

blackemmons

New User
Jim
JimmyC,

I just call Hartville to order one of these and there must be something I am reading wrong in your post.

I spoke with "Karen" and read the post to here. She told me the price was $199.

Question: How did you get if for $169.99 with the extra honing kit and glass wheel? She looked up your order and said the price was $199. I am misunderstanding something here. :dontknow: Not unusual for an old guy though.

Help please.

If there is some way to get it at the $169.99 price, I'm ready to order.

Thanks for any light you(or anyone else) can shed on the subject.

Jim

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
Jim,
I had the same problem when I ordered mine. The discounted price is only for the stock item without any extras (ie the extra glass wheel and the honing Kit.)
Herer is the reply I got from Hartville.

Mark,
The discount only applies to regularly priced items. If you wanted to by the Worksharp 3000 only (21755) we could discount it, but not with Bonus Package.
Customer Service
Hartville Tool
The worksharp comes as is with a 15% discount ($169) or at full price (199) with the extras added in.
Hope that helps.

blackemmons

New User
Jim
GORDONMT,

Ahhhhh..........so there is a catch here. Karen at Hartsville didn't explain it. Maybe she wasn't aware.

So what is the best way to go? Is the extra glass wheel and leather worth the full price or does one just need the basic unit?

Thanks,
Jim

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I know!!! I bet you are going to build a pizza rack for a pizza oven so you can have some of that New York pizza!!!!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Either way is a good deal Jim, I'm going for the freebies because I was going to buy them anyway (the disc helps limit the amount of times that you have change grits) plus the freebies are worth more than the $30 discount. The decision is personal preference

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I know!!! I bet you are going to build a pizza rack for a pizza oven so you can have some of that New York pizza!!!!
Italian hot dogs, real chinese food, great polish food, Portugese food, etc., I miss it all, and as long as I'm down here most of it is dead to me.

But good pizza is all around I can tell you where. My new quest is trying eastern NC barbeque joints, I haven't found any local joints that haven't been real good (except for Smithfields which leaves a little bit to be desired). Fried chicken also rocks, but I've had a harder time finding non franchise places for chicken than for BBQ.:gar-Bi

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I like Parker's in Wilson a lot for eastern BBQ and fried chicken.

I do know what you mean for italian hotdogs as I feel the same way about bratwursts, especially after having the real thing for so many years.....

Polish food? Portugese food? Never had any of that, but I can say that I would probably like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS