Work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Before everyone went to the hospital, I had run into a force greater then the darkside force, she told me all darkside work will stop until her tv stand/cabinet is finished:no:
I have the easy part done, the box, its all walnut the joints are all loose tenons (domino, well poor mans domino anyway), there is a 5th leg right in the middle so the weight of the tv goes straight to the floor.
I am now starting to work on the hard part the sliding doors with lattice work:swoon:

The darkside work on hold still glued to the faceplate
onhold.jpg

Making the joints

poormansdamino.jpg

The tv stand/cabinet box
tvstand.jpg

Cutting half laps in the lattice peices, it dont look like much but it cuts very precise

halflaps.jpg

Gluing up lattice work

lattice.jpg

Thanks for looking

nelsone

New User
Ed
I see you still snuck some round work in there!!!:rolf:

Great looking TV stand. I guess that one is going to buy you some more turning time!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Nice looking tv stand and a beautiful bowl. Now you get to finish the bowl.

J

jeff...

What is this? Is this merely a retreat from the dark side or a momentarily lapse of reasoning? WOW Earl I don't see any gravel at all in that FLAT wood - was the road recently paved in fornt of your house? or have you perfected the drag wood behind your pickup to get it flat technique?

Very nice TV Stand but what is that round thing?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
WOW Earl I don't see any gravel at all in that FLAT wood - was the road recently paved in fornt of your house? or have you perfected the drag wood behind your pickup to get it flat technique?

ROFL_MAO

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Earl, I'm glad the LOYL is keeping you at least somewhat on the righteous path. What's the finish on that TV stand?

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Earl, I'm glad the LOYL is keeping you at least somewhat on the righteous path. What's the finish on that TV stand?

You know it has to be Danish oil :gar-Bi
But i broke down and put some wipe on poly on the top

erasmussen

RAS
Corporate Member
? WOW Earl I don't see any gravel at all in that FLAT wood - was the road recently paved in fornt of your house? or have you perfected the drag wood behind your pickup to get it flat technique?

The last time they did the road I had them get it really flat and apply a top coat of fine sand :gar-La;

b4man

New User
Barbara
I'm so happy to see you stepping into the 'light'! Of course the bowl is beautiful but the cabinet is great. I really look forward to seeing the lattice finished and added.

I'm equally happy to hear that everyone is finally getting better at your house!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Earl, it's a joy to have you back . . . producing round or flat :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS