Woodworking Shop Auction - Chapel Hill High School- April 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy E.

New User
Andy
I saw this on auction zip, the Chapel Hill High School has closed the woodworking program and will be auctioning off all their tools. April 29th @ 9am , www.phillipwalkerauctions.com a few pics from the website.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• planer.jpg
    planer.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 357
  • band.jpg
    band.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 366
  • saw.jpg
    saw.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 359
  • jointer.jpg
    jointer.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 358

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Yeah it's real sad to pick through the remains of what looks like a great school shop.

Also the auctioneer is a total liar on the flyer... "All these machines are... ready to make you money." I'm pretty sure I'll never buy anything related to woodworking that will end up saving me money. :D

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Yeah it's real sad to pick through the remains of what looks like a great school shop.

Also the auctioneer is a total liar on the flyer... "All these machines are... ready to make you money." I'm pretty sure I'll never buy anything related to woodworking that will end up saving me money. :D

I think the "you" that is going to make money is the auctioneer as rich dad's come in and bid up the prices. I was interested in SawStop till I saw "3 Phase"

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
well, for those that were wanting to go but couldn't, you didn't miss anything. I left shortly after 11 before they got to the really big machines. I saw four 6" parallel clamps (badly beat up) go for $120!!!!!!!!

Like someone said, some must have been there to bid up the prices.

frankc4113

Frank C
Corporate Member
I also left a short time after it started. Most of the stuff was in terrible beat up shape. There probably wasn't anything that seemed to be worth bidding on, no less the prices they were sold for.
On the way home I saw an auction sign and stopped in. There was a Stanley #2 plane, a little rusty but all in tact. Got it for $15--home run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS