Woodworking despite Nor'easter

Richo B

New User
Richo
Den Work area_11.16.19.jpg

With a nasty Nor'easter outside containing not only rain but fierce cold wind I had to find an alternative to pulling my car out of the garage to set up my woodworking shop today. I wanted to do some light woodworking to further complete my puzzle cabinet project before staining. So I set up my portable vise on the surface of a cabinet in my den and used that for the necessary work. The puzzle cabinet is located in the same room and I didn't really want to move it today. The Sjobergs vise was used extensively when I started in Woodworking back in 2015 but now that I have a work bench that I built that features a face vise, its almost never used.

The pine board to the left is a painting surface when I want to do landscape paintings near the windows. I tape the paper down directly on the board and then after I'm done remove the tape. It's a great surface for doing my painting with some natural light. The cabinet the vise is clamped to came with the house so I'm not really concerned with any marks or scratches that may come from clamping something to it. This cabinet is where I store my artwork/painting supplies along with the faux-Gertsner case on the floor.

These are options for those of us who do not have a huge workshop to do work in.

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Kind of hard for me to go in the garage to do anything because just about all my tools are in the house. I still had most of my stuff packed in the house from the last hurricane and I had to move stuff like genny ,gas and some power tools from the garage back in the house because the salt water was up to the backyard at last high tide. Got another high around 1 AM. Fun.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS